Slimbridge World Wildlife Trust visit (UK)

Iansky

I visited the Slimbridge WWT this week with a good friend and fellow photographer so that I could see how the D500 performed with the 300mm PF ( and 1.4 convertor for some shots).

I am very pleased as despite the weather being a typical English summers day - cloudy and overcast with dark clouds, blue sky with some sunshine and then torrential rain, the setup performed perfectly and focus was super fast.

I was shooting in manual using between 1/2000 and 1/3200 at f5.6 for most of the images and using auto ISO (EXIF data visible bottom right of image in frame).

The full set can be seen here - 571 Photography

These are a few of the images from the days shooting (apologies for being image heavy).
dsc_1523-frameshop.jpg
dsc_1569-frameshop.jpg
dsc_1597-frameshop.jpg
dsc_1622-frameshop.jpg
dsc_1680-frameshop.jpg
dsc_1698-frameshop.jpg
dsc_1824-frameshop.jpg
dsc_1837-frameshop.jpg

mikew_RIP

Some very nice results i have every respect for that combination,if i shot in a different area i would give it serious thought but 420mm is just too long sometimes for me.

Iansky

Thank you both.

It is a new experience for me and had to get used to the flight patterns and try and pre-empt landing areas.

The D500 focus is incredible and I used the group setting which locked on and held - very happy!