The Uber of Photography

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
An Australian company created a business that connects pro-photographers with customers on demand ...they like to think of themselves as the Uber of Photography. Recently they also opened an office in California.

spb_stan

Interesting idea. They have to have some pretty carefully set criteria however in qualifying member photographers. There is such a wide range of skill levels which all call themselves "professional" just as there are a wide range of drivers with a car who called themselves Uber drivers. Corporate headshots is one thing but the range of skill and creativity among wedding or fashion photographers is quite another.

SkvLTD

Gee, SmartShoot? Or should I watch the vid?

So, watched the vid, and there was a portrait service like this a couple years ago that charged RIDICULOUSLY low rates to clients for the same amount of work, and to things like these I will forever say the same thing I've told them before - F@#$ OFFA this planet!

Last edited:

Marro

Probably it's a good idea as a "PhotoMcDonalds". I think and hope that an artistic result is looked for by other ways. Honestly, I can't imagine a situation when a person suddenly and urgently rushes to find a photographer. Usually people think about it in advance, ask friends etc. Though, it can be the best decision If one needs a mediocre, typical service or If their hired photographer unexpectedly refused to work.