Studio Product Shots via Light Painting (Beginner Friendly!)

SkvLTD

So, here it is:
Tutorial: Studio Light Painting - Skvora Limited Photography

Studio-Tutorial-Setup (1).jpg
Studio-Tutorial-Final.jpg

SkvLTD

Its a great practice to see what lighting specifically can do without breaking the bank on flashes and triggers and backdrops.

SkvLTD

Thanks for sharing. Have bookmarked it to try.
Probably don't have the right lights hence the bookmark

Any old flashlight should do, you'd just have to play with it and see how the beam disperses and how long you need to shine it to get the exposure you want. For all its worth, set shutter to 10-15-whatever seconds and experiment. I only used my macro light because its somewhat convenient and wasn't getting much action.

I originally tried this by setting a flash off using the test button, but that eats the batteries much faster and sometimes takes longer than using a continuous light.

Moab Man

I actually have an old cell phone with a light that works beautifully when doing this. Clean light and I can control the light output.

Nice tutorial.

SkvLTD

Funny enough I TOTALLY forgot that every baby today has a cell and most of them have a torch option, so might go and amend that in the tut itself in case anyone ends up feeling stumped. Getting creative can be a dumbfounding process more often than not.

Last edited: