Irriated , new member locked out!

CMAY

I have recently joined this website in order to get information from other photographers , upload my images, have my images critiqued, vote on other images etc. Well it appears you have to have 5posts before you have full access to the website. I have made 5 posts, but only 2 are showing up on my page. This is very frustrating as I want to start uploading my pictures and get full benefit from this site. Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated!!!:cool::mad: ... I have six posts showing on my page, but yet still locked out!!! UGHHH

Last edited:
There are some forums whose posts don't necessarily count toward the "official" post count. In the case of the board I run (Subaru based), the Off-Topic posts don't count at all.

LensWork

Welcome to the forum. If you would refer to this thread: http://nikonites.com/site-news/1182-new-user-permissions.html you will see that it states that it may take up to an hour after your 5th post for your account to be unlocked. According to the time stamps, you started this thread 7 minutes after your 5th post. I would give it some time.

I am not a moderator on this forum, so I may be speaking out-of-turn, but I am just trying to help.

LagunaAmy

Hi CMAY - I did the same thing - but I didn't even read the fine print! I felt kinda silly, because I am SO excited to get feeback from other Nikon users! So I'm using you as my first of 5 forum post! I look forward to seeing your shots! Cheers!

CMAY

Thanks, LaguanAmy,
Well I was able to up load one picture and now everytime I try to upload another one it either boots me out and then has me re-log in or that same box appears saying you do not have permission to upload blah blah blah.....What the heck is going on with the crazy site??

LagunaAmy

Hi again -
I'm not sure since I haven't gotten to my 5 posts yet. I do know when I post on other sites (Flickr, DPS) sometimes I get kicked out because my file is too big or my computer is blocking pop ups. Perhaps that might be the issue? Hang in there!