Brain freeze- Snaphappy playing & learning

snaphappy

I am a complete amateur. I take photos because I enjoy it and for no other reason. I'm here to learn how to capture lifes moments better and just improve my skills. I enjoy seeing everyones photos from all over the world and learning from all the comments. I'm not looking to be a professional but I'd love to hear critiques so that I can learn and get better :eek: I'm also learning computer stuff as well since until this point I use only my iphoto for some cropping etc I pulled out my old aperture 2 and loaded it up but so far only frustrated myself so big learning curve ahead :smile-new:

DSC_0247.jpg

frosty eyelashes
DSC_0253.jpg

extreme close up he's so funny looking he's cute
DSC_0249.jpg

frosty fence and pretty morning sunlight

snaphappy

Coldest morning last week (-27) but didn't get out until sun was high in the sky it's lovely how bright everything is on these cold days
funny how these pics look so warm compared to the ones I posted previously which were a -20 day
DSC_0342.jpg

My daughters mare
DSC_0358.jpg

So cold my hands were hurting holding the camera but in the pic he looks so warm and kissable

snaphappy

Warmed up a bit to -15 but seriously foggy so a couple of frosty faces
DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

Lighting sure does make a photo, these look so much colder

snaphappy

Yesterday was warm (-5) but very very overcast but had a lovely day x country skiing with my sons class in town
DSC_0588.jpg

snow covered eagle nest along the road to the ski area
DSC_0619.jpg

The trees were so covered in snow. It's sheltered in town so not much wind to blow that snow down
DSC_0632.jpg

I liked the bright red and aged wood of the cute outhouse against all the white
DSC_0694.jpg

My little guy looks so tiny against all those heavily covered trees
DSC_0702.jpg

excellent bail :cool:

snaphappy

Hmm you are right Photos look so different on my nice big computer screen compared to these tiny photos I'll visit iphoto and see what I can do Thanx for the critique!
DSC_02471.jpg

well gave it a crop in photobucket I liked the frosty white eyelashes against the warm red of the horse and you are right it was lost when I made the picture smaller I cropped the ears completely Is this less irritating? Well only 4 more months of frost so maybe next time I'll try focusing on just one eye What do you think?

Last edited:

snaphappy

the house took on a very pink hue this evening as I was preparing dinner and so I grabbed my camera and headed outside
DSC_0843.jpg

Horses thought I was insane standing in their paddock in my slippers and t-shirt LOL but everything was so pink and the clouds so neat I had to capture it before it faded
DSC_0846.jpg

When I turned around to head back in I noticed how yellow the sky was behind me
DSC_0850.jpg

Plane taking off against the pink clouds not terribly clear but I was getting chilly and I only have the kit 18-55mm lens
DSC_0855.jpg

from the front yard looking at the setting sun over my duck pen :)

piperbarb

Thanx fotojack I tried downloading but seems everything I try to do with photos and computers frustrates me! My Mac doesn't want to open it and I'm not computer savvy enough to make it open it.
<snip>
I think it's a Windows-based program. I don't think there is a Mac version. I looked around on their site and the download links, and only saw Win versions.

snaphappy

Thanx! I downloaded the trial of photoshop (mac version) and will see how that goes maybe I'll be able to figure it out :encouragement:

snaphappy

Went for a walk with my monsters after school and brought my camera
DSC_08601.jpg

3 little monsters in a row
DSC_08651.jpg

Really like the look of this moss but played with it and this was the best I could get :(
DSC_09271.jpg

I like the red and green peeking out of all that white
DSC_09311.jpg

I'm thinking I need to get a filter to protect my lens. Waaay too much snow on my lens and my camera is only 7days old! Is there one I should look into over others since I shoot so many snow pictures?

Moab Man

A good UV filter - good because cheap glass will not help you picture. They are not pricey, helps with UV while outside, a whole lot cheaper to damage.

fotojack

Well I found the time but not the greatest lighting. Oh well I'm a lucky gal and have 2 new lenses to play with so so far this is my favourite new toy and its my 70-300mm
my favourite pic
dsc_1190.jpg

but hubby thinks this one is better
dsc_1195.jpg

He thinks I have to show the whole kitty I prefer just the face with that soft mane highlighted
Well I'm really really loving this new 70-300mm :)

Quite frankly,I like the first one better. Better facial expression the cat. :)

fotojack

Well I found the time but not the greatest lighting. Oh well I'm a lucky gal and have 2 new lenses to play with so so far this is my favourite new toy and its my 70-300mm
my favourite pic
dsc_1190.jpg

but hubby thinks this one is better
dsc_1195.jpg

He thinks I have to show the whole kitty I prefer just the face with that soft mane highlighted
Well I'm really really loving this new 70-300mm :)

Quite frankly,I like the first one better. Better facial expression the cat. :)

This is what I would have done with this shot. What do you think? :) I took the liberty. Hope you don't mind. It's just to show the possibilities.

kitty.jpg

piperbarb

I'd also see how it looks in B&W. That may get rid of the yellow flower center which draws your eye from the cat. I've had great cat photos with very obvious color distractions that, once I convert to B&W, they just become background. Just a thought. :)