+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Just-Clayton's Avatar

    wu-1b

    i go to wireless settings and it asks for pass word to connect.


    › See More: wu-1b
    Always jump in feet first! You never know how deep the water is!!



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Are you connecting to the wu unit or your home's wireless?
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.

  3. #3
    RIP :(
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post
    Are you connecting to the wu unit or your home's wireless?
    The WU-1b is its own hot spot so not for connecting to the wireless in your home. The phone connects to the WU 1-b/camera From my experience I had to go into Airplane mode to get it to work.

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kuykendall View Post
    The WU-1b is its own hot spot so not for connecting to the wireless in your home. The phone connects to the WU 1-b/camera From my experience I had to go into Airplane mode to get it to work.
    I'm asking if the OP is mistakenly trying to log into the home's wireless.
    Thanks/Like Don Kuykendall Thanks/liked this post
     
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.

  5. #5
    RIP :(
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post
    I'm asking if the OP is mistakenly trying to log into the home's wireless.
    Ah. I hated my Wu-1b It was a real waste of money and time. Now the built in wireless in my S9900 and D750 are worth their weight in gold.

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC

  6. #6
    Staff
    Challenge Team
    Super Mod
    RocketCowboy's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Could be a mistaken attempt at clearing the config ... sending you a PM with the previous password.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Just-Clayton's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Got it going. RocketCowboy helped. Might not use it much. Could be a fun candid set up as long as there is wifi.
    Always jump in feet first! You never know how deep the water is!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Quote Originally Posted by Just-Clayton View Post
    Got it going. RocketCowboy helped. Might not use it much. Could be a fun candid set up as long as there is wifi.
    It doesn't need a wifi. It IS a wifi. Direct communication from the camera to a smart device.

    (Unless you want to use wifi to transfer images to a computer, smart tv etc.)
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Just-Clayton's Avatar

    Re: wu-1b

    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post
    It doesn't need a wifi. It IS a wifi. Direct communication from the camera to a smart device.

    (Unless you want to use wifi to transfer images to a computer, smart tv etc.)
    Good to know. I didn't realize that. No paper work and didn't look up full paperwork.
    Always jump in feet first! You never know how deep the water is!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •