+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    I have a month to month plan with Adobe CC. They tried to bill me but couldn't because I had lost my debit card. So, I got several e-mails stating that I would lose service if I didn't update my payment. Well, I want to cancel anyway because it doesn't play nice with my computer. So, I contacted customer service, and I was told I needed to update my payment information so I could cancel the membership. I asked for clarification. I asked if I needed to make a payment to cancel since they would cancel anyway for non-payment. The answer was that my account is suspended, and that I have to update my payment information and then contact them after 24 hours to cancel.

    I think I will just let the billing cycle run its course.

    I downloaded a trial of Elements 15.

    Elements has changed a lot. It used to look kinda like the full PS and had Bridge. I can't say I care for Elements 15 at the moment. I may jump ship and go for the Affinity editing program. Sigh.


    › See More: Adobe. What Are they thinking?
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100



  2. #2
    RIP :(
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Pics View Post
    I have a month to month plan with Adobe CC. They tried to bill me but couldn't because I had lost my debit card. So, I got several e-mails stating that I would lose service if I didn't update my payment. Well, I want to cancel anyway because it doesn't play nice with my computer. So, I contacted customer service, and I was told I needed to update my payment information so I could cancel the membership. I asked for clarification. I asked if I needed to make a payment to cancel since they would cancel anyway for non-payment. The answer was that my account is suspended, and that I have to update my payment information and then contact them after 24 hours to cancel.

    I think I will just let the billing cycle run its course.

    I downloaded a trial of Elements 15.

    Elements has changed a lot. It used to look kinda like the full PS and had Bridge. I can't say I care for Elements 15 at the moment. I may jump ship and go for the Affinity editing program. Sigh.
    You might want to take a look at Zoner Free I have it on my laptop and played with it for a while to recommend to some friends who really don't need PS or LR. I found it is quite nice. It even has a pretty good organization module built in. They do have a paid version but I have no idea what it adds to the mix. I think if I did not have PS and LR this is what I might be using.
    Thanks/Like Dawg Pics Thanks/liked this post
     

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC

  3. #3
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Eduard's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    What doesn't play nice with your computer? If you are having computer related problems, the base system requirements between Elements 15 and Lightroom aren't that different.

    Elements 15.0

    Windows


    • 1.6GHz or faster processor with SSE2 support
    • 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
    • 4GB of RAM
    • 5GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation and additional 2GB required to download all optional content)
    • 1024x768 display resolution (at 100% scale factor)
    • Microsoft DirectX 9 or 10 compatible display driver
    • DVD-ROM drive (for installation from DVD)
    • Internet connection required for product activation and content download




    Mac OS



    • 64-bit multicore Intel processor
    • Mac OS X v10.10, v10.11, or v10.12
    • 4GB of RAM
    • 5GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation and additional 2GB to download all optional content)
    • 1024x768 display resolution (at 100% scale factor)
    • DVD-ROM drive (for installation from DVD)
    • Internet connection required for product activation and content download


    Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6

    Windows


    • Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support
    • Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
    • 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
    • 1024 x 768 display
    • 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM is suggested for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.
    • 2 GB of available hard-disk space
    • DVD-ROM drive required if purchasing Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® retail boxed version
    • OpenGL 3.3 and DirectX 10-capable video adapter for GPU-related functionality
    • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.




    Mac OS



    • Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
    • Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra)
    • 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
    • 1024 x 768 display
    • 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM is suggested for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.
    • 2 GB of available hard-disk space (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
    • DVD-ROM drive required if purchasing Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® retail boxed version
    • OpenGL 3.3–capable video adapter for GPU-related functionality
    • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.


    Thanks/Like spb_stan Thanks/liked this post
     
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it" -Ansel Adams


    Fuji X-T3 | Fuji X-T2 | Fuji X-T20 | Nikon 1 J5 | Too much glass | G.A.S.

    Use this link for a free gift item with $50 purchase at Think Tank Photo!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Pics View Post
    and I was told I needed to update my payment information so I could cancel the membership. I asked for clarification. I asked if I needed to make a payment to cancel since they would cancel anyway for non-payment. The answer was that my account is suspended, and that I have to update my payment information and then contact them after 24 hours to cancel.
    In the very early days of the LR/PS subscription, Adobe offered a true month to month plan, cancel any time. All I see now and for the past year, is an annual plan, billed monthly or paid in full for the photography plan. Same price right now. I have annual plan billed monthly. No true monthly plan to be found when I signed up a year ago. The very fine print says I am on the hook for the full year. If I cancel, I owe 50% of the remaining term. That may be why they want your card, to get that extra cancellation fee from you. It sounds like the rep evaded your question. I think this is a BS policy that many people miss when they sign up. I'm not sure how they can enforce it in a case like yours, maybe they just put you on the naughty list in case you ever come back. They still offer true monthly plans on the higher priced subscriptions, but not the photography plan.
    I must have a really good camera.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by nickt View Post
    In the very early days of the LR/PS subscription, Adobe offered a true month to month plan, cancel any time. All I see now and for the past year, is an annual plan, billed monthly or paid in full for the photography plan. Same price right now. I have annual plan billed monthly. No true monthly plan to be found when I signed up a year ago. The very fine print says I am on the hook for the full year. If I cancel, I owe 50% of the remaining term. That may be why they want your card, to get that extra cancellation fee from you. It sounds like the rep evaded your question. I think this is a BS policy that many people miss when they sign up. I'm not sure how they can enforce it in a case like yours, maybe they just put you on the naughty list in case you ever come back. They still offer true monthly plans on the higher priced subscriptions, but not the photography plan.
    Yeah, I figured as much, and yes, he evaded the question. I am in the last month of the plan anyway. I guess I could pay the $10 bucks or whatever they are billing but it just seemed odd to me that they can't cancel when they already said they would stop service. He even stated I could cancel just not until after I update payment.
    Maybe because they want April since I didn't officially cancel, and like you said, they want their punitive money, but the email just stated I had a month or they would stop service.

    I dunno. I just thought it was weird.
    Last edited by Dawg Pics; 05-13-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    john*thomas's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    I realize I probably miss out on certain things but I will not sign up for a subscription for the very reason of companies making it so hard to cancel.

    If I was a professional and needed all the bells and whistles it might be different.
    Thanks/Like RobV Thanks/liked this post
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I realize I probably miss out on certain things but I will not sign up for a subscription for the very reason of companies making it so hard to cancel.

    If I was a professional and needed all the bells and whistles it might be different.
    Yeah, the 'you can't cancel because your account is in a suspended state' made no sense, and he said nothing about a cancel fee. They give you a month to update payment then cancel service. It just sounded silly to me when he said I couldn't cancel when they are about to cancel anyway. Maybe they flag the account for non-payment or something like @nickt suggested. They are allowed to squeeze money, and I don't blame them because they are in business to make money.

    I guess I can be a good girl and give them the $10 for the program that doesn't load up all the way half the time.
    Last edited by Dawg Pics; 05-13-2017 at 06:36 AM.
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    @Eduard
    I have a late 2015 iMac Retina, but it doesn't have the fusion drive, and for whatever reason, the computer was slow out the box. I even took it into an Apple repair place to see what the heck was going on, and that was before I put anything on it.

    Neither PS or LR played nice, and half the time, it was slow as molasses or PS didn't even load up all the way. I would have to close it and re-open it. The program just acted buggy. So it could be just my iMac or a combination, but it can't be fixed. So, I need to find something else.

    So far, the Elements trial isn't acting buggy or slow.
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    @Dawg Pics

    Since you're totally jumping ship, have you considered using On1 Photo?
    ...
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Kit :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art,
    Godox Flashes & Triggers, Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    LouCioccio's Avatar

    Re: Adobe. What Are they thinking?

    Adobe. What Are they thinking?
    What is the specs on the iMac. I maxed mine a 2012 iMac to 32GB as it was a refurb from the Apple web store. Mine was a fusion drive 1TB + 128GB SSD (which SSD is behind the mother board). My hard drive came up with a SMART warning 3 months after Apple Care expired. I did a serial number search at Apple to find out why it was a refurb and it had a hard drive replacement; probably was DOA. Anyway I had gotten Apple Care as I did not know how to take the iMac apart; I had repaired earlier versions of Mac's from PowerPC to the Intel and the newer iMacs used suction cups (thank you, harbor freight) to remove the glass. Since these are mated glass to display I was never sure if I could repair it but more adventurous people did. iFixit and OWC have excellent take apart guides and videos!
    Adobe. What Are they thinking?-mail-attachment.jpgWhat I would do before taking anything apart is to see if the performance increase with additional RAM. I would then look for SSD to reinstall the OS. I found this to be the easiest to do. Get a Sabrent tool less case about 9$us USB 3.0 and 500GB SSD drive. Use command + r to erase and re-install the OS on the external drive. You can boot off this drive and see if there is a difference. If you decide not to use it at least you have a nifty external SSD for images and what not.
    Lou Cioccio





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •