+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    sonicbuffalo's Avatar
    Thanks/Like Panza, Vincent Thanks/liked this post
     
    Chris
    FLICKR -

    Sony A7 Full Frame Mirrorless / Sony Zeiss 16-35 mm - 4.0/Sony Zeiss 55-1.8/Sony 28-70 mm/Sony 70-200 mm - 4.0
    Nikon D500(Grace Slick) /18-140/
    Tamron 150-600




  2. #2
    Senior Member
    PapaST's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    I like that video. To me it really drives home the point that anyone in the market for any product should make an informed decision on what works best for their needs. Whether it's iPhone vs Android, Windows vs Mac, Chevy vs Ford. It's up to the consumer to vet the products available and choose what works best for them and not what just happens to be status quo.

    I also like it because IMO with competition the clear winner is always the consumer.
    Thanks/Like fotojack, Panza, Rick M Thanks/liked this post
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    sonicbuffalo's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaST View Post
    I like that video. To me it really drives home the point that anyone in the market for any product should make an informed decision on what works best for their needs. Whether it's iPhone vs Android, Windows vs Mac, Chevy vs Ford. It's up to the consumer to vet the products available and choose what works best for them and not what just happens to be status quo.

    I also like it because IMO with competition the clear winner is always the consumer.
    Thanks for watching the video, Papa. I thought it was very informative and fair. Hopefully more folks will check it out.
    Chris
    FLICKR -

    Sony A7 Full Frame Mirrorless / Sony Zeiss 16-35 mm - 4.0/Sony Zeiss 55-1.8/Sony 28-70 mm/Sony 70-200 mm - 4.0
    Nikon D500(Grace Slick) /18-140/
    Tamron 150-600


  4. #4
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Oh I've watched it too and the 6000 is very very tempting at this time. I was offered a D800 for a good price and walked away just because of the weight, I only took my X-10 to France on vacation and liked it very much besides the restricted print size. So the 6000 could be a very viable alternative for me. But then I have so much money invested in Nikon... To be followed.
    I'm beginning to see the LIGHT!
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    AC016's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Trey Ratcliff did this some time ago. He dumped his D800 and went Sony, even before Sony came out with the A7. I have always said that a camera is a personal choice. These videos are all well and good, but in the end, it's just about personal choice and opinion. Therefore, he is neither right or wrong. What really matters in the end, is what he produces with the camera. I could care less if it's a Sony, Fuji, Olympus, Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic, Leica, Hasselblad.... they are just heartless, cold, mechanical/electronic light boxes. No camera in the world knows anything about "moment" or composition. You, the person behind the camera, has to have that. So, this guy went Sony because of 10 reasons he feels strongly about. Good for him. Show me what you produce with the camera, then i might care.
    Thanks/Like fotojack, Michael J., alex6speed Thanks/liked this post
    Best Answers fotojack, Michael J., Sohail Gagai voted best answer for this post
     
    Who dares, wins.

    Cameras: Fuji X-Pro, Fuji X10, Olympus TG3 and Nikon D2X.




  6. #6
    Senior Member
    sonicbuffalo's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Quote Originally Posted by AC016 View Post
    Trey Ratcliff did this some time ago. He dumped his D800 and went Sony, even before Sony came out with the A7. I have always said that a camera is a personal choice. These videos are all well and good, but in the end, it's just about personal choice and opinion. Therefore, he is neither right or wrong. What really matters in the end, is what he produces with the camera. I could care less if it's a Sony, Fuji, Olympus, Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic, Leica, Hasselblad.... they are just heartless, cold, mechanical/electronic light boxes. No camera in the world knows anything about "moment" or composition. You, the person behind the camera, has to have that. So, this guy went Sony because of 10 reasons he feels strongly about. Good for him. Show me what you produce with the camera, then i might care.
    I personally, don't think Sony has to prove anything more. You get more bang for your buck. Nikon just strings you along.
    Thanks/Like rocketman122 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Chris
    FLICKR -

    Sony A7 Full Frame Mirrorless / Sony Zeiss 16-35 mm - 4.0/Sony Zeiss 55-1.8/Sony 28-70 mm/Sony 70-200 mm - 4.0
    Nikon D500(Grace Slick) /18-140/
    Tamron 150-600


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    AC016's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicbuffalo View Post
    I personally, don't think Sony has to prove anything more. You get more bang for your buck. Nikon just strings you along.
    Sony needs to prove that they can fully support their full frame mirrorless cameras. What i mean by this is, they need to develop a healthy line up of lenses that just work on the camera, a la FX camera and FX lenses. Don't give me adapters that just add bulk and weight to my camera, it's BS. When Fuji came out with their first ILS, the X-Pro1, they launched three lenses with it: 18, 35 and 60mm. That was back in 2012. If you look at Fuji's lens road map now, they have come along way in 2 years. In this case, Fuji proved themselves. They proved that they were committed to the x series and were very willing to develop a fully fledged camera system, with a lens line-up that covers everything from 10mm up to 400mm. I will give Sony another year or so to round out their FE lens line-up. Looking at their roadmap, it does not seem that they are going over 200mm yet. They are getting there, but still have some way to go to prove themselves as supporting the A7 series with a full line-up of lenses without the use of adapters.
    Thanks/Like sonicbuffalo, hrstrat57, ShootRaw Thanks/liked this post
     
    Who dares, wins.

    Cameras: Fuji X-Pro, Fuji X10, Olympus TG3 and Nikon D2X.




  8. #8
    Senior Member
    sonicbuffalo's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Quote Originally Posted by AC016 View Post
    Sony needs to prove that they can fully support their full frame mirrorless cameras. What i mean by this is, they need to develop a healthy line up of lenses that just work on the camera, a la FX camera and FX lenses. Don't give me adapters that just add bulk and weight to my camera, it's BS. When Fuji came out with their first ILS, the X-Pro1, they launched three lenses with it: 18, 35 and 60mm. That was back in 2012. If you look at Fuji's lens road map now, they have come along way in 2 years. In this case, Fuji proved themselves. They proved that they were committed to the x series and were very willing to develop a fully fledged camera system, with a lens line-up that covers everything from 10mm up to 400mm. I will give Sony another year or so to round out their FE lens line-up. Looking at their roadmap, it does not seem that they are going over 200mm yet. They are getting there, but still have some way to go to prove themselves as supporting the A7 series with a full line-up of lenses without the use of adapters.
    I agree that Sony needs a healthy dose of great lenses for their A lineup. More are coming out, but I don't want adapters either as I agree with you, they add weight which is one reason I left Nikon in the first place. Time will tell, but Sony has a 46 MP camera coming out soon. I think they will grow their lineup of A7(r)(s) cameras. I guess I was willing to take the gamble.
    Last edited by sonicbuffalo; 10-12-2014 at 06:36 PM.
    Chris
    FLICKR -

    Sony A7 Full Frame Mirrorless / Sony Zeiss 16-35 mm - 4.0/Sony Zeiss 55-1.8/Sony 28-70 mm/Sony 70-200 mm - 4.0
    Nikon D500(Grace Slick) /18-140/
    Tamron 150-600


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    AC016's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicbuffalo View Post
    I agree that Sony needs a healthy dose of great lenses for their A lineup. More are coming out, but I don't want adapters either as I agree with uyou, they add weight which is one reason I left Nikon in the first place. Time will tell, but Sony has a 46 MP camera coming out soon. I think they will grow their lineup of A7(r)(s) cameras. I guess I was willing to take the gamble.
    I think Sony has more or less nailed it with their A7 in terms of format and function. Sure, nothing is perfect and like anything else, it could perhaps use a few tweaks. I am quite sure that with Zeiss, Sony will round out their lens line-up in a year or so. I read about a few new ones that should be announced next year. In my opinion, they are only paving the way for future FF mirrorless cameras. It can only get better from here. I took a gamble when i went Fuji, but i have not regretted it. Of course, like with anything that is in it's infancy, Fuji had many teething issues. Though, i was lucky to never fall "victim" to some of those issues. Four years later, things are better. If you are happy with your Sony, i am happy I would not turn my nose up at one with the 24-70
    Who dares, wins.

    Cameras: Fuji X-Pro, Fuji X10, Olympus TG3 and Nikon D2X.




  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: 10 Reasons Why I Left Nikon For Sony Great Video

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicbuffalo View Post
    I personally, don't think Sony has to prove anything more. You get more bang for your buck. Nikon just strings you along.
    Statements like that, especially when read in conjunction with your opening post, make it sound to me like you have an ax to grind with Nikon and/or a need for positive reinforcement regarding your decision to switch.


    Quote Originally Posted by AC016
    So, this guy went Sony because of 10 reasons he feels strongly about. Good for him. Show me what you produce with the camera, then i might care.
    Nailed it. ^^^
    Thanks/Like Rick M Thanks/liked this post
     
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Kit :: D850, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 G2, Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 G2, Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art,
    Godox Flashes & Triggers, Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •