+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar
    Thanks/Like Danno Thanks/liked this post
     
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes












  2. #2
    Staff
    Challenge Team
    Super Mod
    RocketCowboy's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    Are they really more fact than rumor when it comes out before the official announcement?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Woodyg3's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    I have sort of been following this, more out of interest in the frenzy that it is causing than the actual cameras. I hope they are great and that Nikon makes big sales, I want them to survive as a company. But, I don't foresee a new Nikon body in my bag for quite a while. The D500 and I are a perfect fit for the kind of photography I do.

    Anyway, a few random thoughts about the new Nikons, keeping in mind that they haven't even been released yet.

    * A high quality adapter to use F-mount lenses will be important, IMO. I hope this has been a priority. Initially, there will be very few lens choices with the new mount. Also, there are a LOT of Nikon DSLR users out there. They will be much more likely to buy in to the new system if they can use their old lenses with no performance penalty.

    * The EVF needs to be good, really good. That's one of the things that has put off many DSLR users from mirrorless, and it seems like Sony has made huge progress with their latest models.

    * AF needs to be as good or better than current DSLRs. I hope it is.
    Thanks/Like RocketCowboy, singlerosa, ryan20fun Thanks/liked this post
     
    Woody Green

    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

    D500, D7200, D7100, D70

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketCowboy View Post
    Are they really more fact than rumor when it comes out before the official announcement?
    I think we are at the point Nikon are slowly releasing hints and more to gain interest from the masses
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes










  5. #5
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodyg3 View Post
    I have sort of been following this, more out of interest in the frenzy that it is causing than the actual cameras. I hope they are great and that Nikon makes big sales, I want them to survive as a company. But, I don't foresee a new Nikon body in my bag for quite a while. The D500 and I are a perfect fit for the kind of photography I do.

    Anyway, a few random thoughts about the new Nikons, keeping in mind that they haven't even been released yet.

    * A high quality adapter to use F-mount lenses will be important, IMO. I hope this has been a priority. Initially, there will be very few lens choices with the new mount. Also, there are a LOT of Nikon DSLR users out there. They will be much more likely to buy in to the new system if they can use their old lenses with no performance penalty.

    * The EVF needs to be good, really good. That's one of the things that has put off many DSLR users from mirrorless, and it seems like Sony has made huge progress with their latest models.

    * AF needs to be as good or better than current DSLRs. I hope it is.
    From my point of view its only a interest in Nikons future from me, for several reasons i will never be buying in.
    Thanks/Like singlerosa Thanks/liked this post
     
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes










  6. #6
    Staff
    Challenge Team
    Super Mod
    RocketCowboy's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    I think we are at the point Nikon are slowly releasing hints and more to gain interest from the masses
    Or to encourage me to buy a second D850...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Daz's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    Just got an email from someone within the company. I am borrowing an 850 next week and asked if I could grab a spare battery and he said that they are all going to the event next week ... That says to me this camera is going to be using the same batteries as in the 850 and the 500, not smaller versions ...
    Nikon Z 6
    Nikon FTZ Adapter
    Nikon 24-70 2.8
    Sigma 70-200 2.8
    Nikon 50mm 1.4g
    Nikon 85mm 1.8g
    Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro

    Rotolight NEO 2 x 2
    Rotolight AEOS
    Rotolight Anova PRO 2

    Studio Backdrop, Softboxes and reflectors

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    Latest rumor the adapter will make nearly 400 lenses ( is there 400 Nikon lenses) compatible,it will also be nearly free with the camera.
    Thanks/Like Woodyg3 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes










  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Bear Dale's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    From reading so much on the net, a lot of folks seem to have the opinion that Mirrorless = Magical
    Thanks/Like ryan20fun, Woodyg3 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cheers,
    Bear


    Some of my photos in albums here on Flickr
    My Facebook page Bear Dale

    Nikon D850
    Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
    Nikkor AF-S Micro 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR

    Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G ED IF
    Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f2.8E ED VR
    Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
    Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm f5.6E ED VR
    Nikkor AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Nikon mirrorless getting closer, looking good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Dale View Post
    From reading so much on the net, a lot of folks seem to have the opinion that Mirrorless = Magical
    I think we need to allow for both especially if you want to see Nikon still viable in the future, they are not magical but then again a DSLR isnt, both types have their uses and its up to the consumer to decide which is for them.
    A lot of the excitement is because a fair few Nikon users want to go mirrorless but dont want to move to Sony for full frame.
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes














Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •