+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 284 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 2837
  1. #2821
    Senior Member
    Sandpatch's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Post your Train shots!
    Quote Originally Posted by arshuter View Post
    Yeah probably best to cancel and reorder.
    No, no! Chuck's new GE Gas Turbine from Amazon is safe and on its way via a special train as seen today in Cayce, SC. Chuck, you'll need to be home to sign for it.

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-002a-columbia-sc-upload.jpg

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-005-columbia-sc-upload.jpg

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-004-columbia-sc-upload.jpg


    › See More: Post your Train shots!
    Last edited by Sandpatch; 11-11-2019 at 01:59 AM.
    Thanks/Like Michael J., Needa Thanks/liked this post
     



  2. #2822
    Senior Member

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpatch View Post
    An ugly sight. Hopefully no one was injured. Was this on NS in Luxor, PA?
    Yeah exactly. According to the news stations one ran into the back of another then a third hit the debris and cars, that was around the curve I couldn't get to it, it's on private property. Not sure how the two ran into each other in the opposite direction that the pic was take is a 1/2 mile straight stretch, the direction they where coming from. Also no injuries.
    Thanks/Like Sandpatch, crashton Thanks/liked this post
     

  3. #2823
    Senior Member

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Post your Train shots!
    Shot at Whipsnade zoo a couple of weeks ago
    RTP_0248 by dieselnutjob, on Flickr

  4. #2824
    Senior Member
    Sandpatch's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by arshuter View Post
    Yeah exactly. According to the news stations one ran into the back of another then a third hit the debris and cars, that was around the curve I couldn't get to it, it's on private property. Not sure how the two ran into each other in the opposite direction that the pic was take is a 1/2 mile straight stretch, the direction they where coming from. Also no injuries.
    Golly, what a mess. New Federally-mandated Positive Train Control should have prevented the collision. The investigation will make interesting reading. The placement of PTC technology and cab signaling has allowed recent removal of traditional intermediate block signals on this line.
    Thanks/Like arshuter, crashton Thanks/liked this post
     

  5. #2825
    Senior Member
    crashton's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    I was just thinking about what a great thing PTC is. CSX had a train collision in Carey Ohio this summer. PTC didn't work there either. I hope no one was injured.
    Last edited by crashton; 11-11-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Thanks/Like Sandpatch Thanks/liked this post
     
    Chuck

    Fuji X-T2 X-T20

    Nikon V1




  6. #2826
    Senior Member
    crashton's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpatch View Post
    No, no! Chuck's new GE Gas Turbine from Amazon is safe and on its way via a special train as seen today in Cayce, SC. Chuck, you'll need to be home to sign for it.

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-002a-columbia-sc-upload.jpg

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-005-columbia-sc-upload.jpg

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-004-columbia-sc-upload.jpg
    Can't wait till that bad boy gets here. It will sure power up the old smoothie maker.
    Thanks/Like Sandpatch, Patrick Molloy Thanks/liked this post
     
    Chuck

    Fuji X-T2 X-T20

    Nikon V1




  7. #2827
    Senior Member
    Sandpatch's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Post your Train shots!
    NS 191 advances west at Cayce, SC, safely passing a vintage distant signal. We don't need no stinkin' PTC here.

    This was one of those spots where you have a choice between good lighting a poor composition or poor lighting and a good composition. I chose the latter so as to include the train and the home signal in the distance.

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-001-cayce-sc-upload.jpg
    Thanks/Like Needa, Michael J., Marilynne, crashton, Patrick Molloy Thanks/liked this post
     

  8. #2828
    Senior Member
    Sandpatch's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Post your Train shots!
    There's a nearby steel mill that operates some vintage Alco motive power, including an RS-1 and S-1. Their big ol' fat exhaust stacks are gone; I have no idea what's under the hood. I don't know their heritage. JRWX is Johnson Railway Service. I just found these units, so haven't seen them operate.

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-cayce-sc-cmc-steel-jwrx-94-upload.jpg

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-cayce-sc-cmc-steel-jwrx-132-upload.jpg
    Thanks/Like Needa, Michael J., Marilynne, crashton, mikew, Patrick Molloy Thanks/liked this post
     

  9. #2829
    Senior Member
    crashton's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpatch View Post
    There's a nearby steel mill that operates some vintage Alco motive power, including an RS-1 and S-1. Their big ol' fat exhaust stacks are gone; I have no idea what's under the hood. I don't know their heritage. JRWX is Johnson Railway Service. I just found these units, so haven't seen them operate.

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-cayce-sc-cmc-steel-jwrx-94-upload.jpg

    Post your Train shots!-2019-11-10-cayce-sc-cmc-steel-jwrx-132-upload.jpg
    Wow nice find Sandpatch! Love that RS1. I'd guess those have been re-engined with something cleaner & more reliable.
    Thanks/Like Sandpatch Thanks/liked this post
     
    Chuck

    Fuji X-T2 X-T20

    Nikon V1




  10. #2830
    Senior Member
    Sandpatch's Avatar

    Re: Post your Train shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by crashton View Post
    Wow nice find Sandpatch! Love that RS1. I'd guess those have been re-engined with something cleaner & more reliable.
    I think you're right. Looking at those little stacks, I'll bet there are truck diesels under those hoods. Thinking that speeds are slow and tonnages are on the light side, these would be a good choice. I was just reading that the RS-1's Alco 539 straight six engine had a bore of 12-1/2 Inches, the size of a large dinner plate. Long ago I volunteered on weekends at a tourist shortline and someone in the shop had taken a ruined 539 piston and welded it up into a little chairside table!





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Similar Threads

  1. Automotive
  2. Architecture
  3. General Photography
  4. General Photography
  5. General Photography

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •