+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Peter7100's Avatar

    Upload trial

    Further to the previous discusion on EXIF missing @hark @Marilynne @blackstar, I have tried a few different upload options including GIMP and nothing resulted in my EXIF appearing. I was wondering if @wev would you mind sharing what browers and resizing software you use when uploading, as your images always appear as a good size on screen along with the exif?


    I know others manage to include EXIF, but usually with a smaller picture size. It seems strange that some people are having different results rather than everyone having the same issue.


    › See More: Upload trial
    Peter

    D500, D7100
    85mm 1.8G, 300mm F4 AF-S
    Canon 5D2, 17-40.
    Lee filters



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    Firefox on Linux here. Use darktable and export to JPG at 1000 on the long size. The method used to post is insert image as rarely are there more than several images. The EXIF data show for me.
    Last edited by Needa; 03-17-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    Thanks/Like Peter7100 Thanks/liked this post
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Dangerspouse's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    I know you didn't ask me, but if this info is helpful I'm using Firefox browser, and I resize my RAW pics in Lightroom to 2.5mp (jpg) in order to post them here.
    Thanks/Like Peter7100 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Fiat lux. Fiat vox.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Peter7100's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Needa View Post
    Firefox on Linux here. Use darktable and export to JPG at 1000 on the long size. The method used to post is insert image as rarely are there more than several images. The EXIF data show for me.
    Thanks Needa. I don’t use any of those programs but I will have a look especially at Darktable as I often here a lot of people mentioning it.
    Peter

    D500, D7100
    85mm 1.8G, 300mm F4 AF-S
    Canon 5D2, 17-40.
    Lee filters

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Peter7100's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerspouse View Post
    I know you didn't ask me, but if this info is helpful I'm using Firefox browser, and I resize my RAW pics in Lightroom to 2.5mp (jpg) in order to post them here.
    All input is welcome thanks. I only mentioned the above as they were discussing it on another thread.
    Interesting that you are another person that uses Firefox.
    Thanks/Like Dangerspouse Thanks/liked this post
     
    Peter

    D500, D7100
    85mm 1.8G, 300mm F4 AF-S
    Canon 5D2, 17-40.
    Lee filters

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter7100 View Post
    Thanks Needa. I don’t use any of those programs but I will have a look especially at Darktable as I often here a lot of people mentioning it.
    Don' think it's related to darktable other than it is set to retain EXIF on export.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    wev's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    I use Faststone, as I'm too lazy to do any real editing. I size landscapes at 1500 wide and portraits at 1000 -- just old habit -- then compress to around 250k. I use Chrome browser.
    wev

    d500
    d5300 x 2
    Tamron 150-600 G2/5-6.3, Tamron 18-400mm/3.5-6.3, Tamron 90mm/2.8 macro
    Nikon 18-55mm/3.6-5.6, Nikon 55-200mm/4-5.6
    Nikon 35mm/1.8, Nikon 50mm/1.8
    Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT tripod, CP324 monopod
    SBH 100 ball head, PH 32 pan head
    SB-700 Speedlight

  8. #8
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter7100 View Post
    Further to the previous discusion on EXIF missing @hark @Marilynne @blackstar, I have tried a few different upload options including GIMP and nothing resulted in my EXIF appearing. I was wondering if @wev would you mind sharing what browers and resizing software you use when uploading, as your images always appear as a good size on screen along with the exif?


    I know others manage to include EXIF, but usually with a smaller picture size. It seems strange that some people are having different results rather than everyone having the same issue.
    Peter, when I go to your account and click on the option to see all your posts, there are links showing up indicating you are sharing your images from the Nikonites gallery rather than uploading them directly into your posts. For whatever reason sharing from the gallery no longer supports displaying EXIF. I think Marilynne mentioned it at some point, but you probably didn't understand what she meant.

    Try uploading directly to your posts. It can be a slow process if you are only able to use the basic uploader. Unfortunately that's all we've got to work with now that Adobe Flash isn't being supported. There simply aren't any other options.
    Thanks/Like Peter7100 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    My 2021 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  9. #9
    Senior Member
    FredKingston's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    I haven't been able to upload directly to a post in this forum for well over a year...

    I use MS Edge on a Mac
    Thanks/Like Peter7100 Thanks/liked this post
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Peter7100's Avatar

    Re: Upload trial

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    Peter, when I go to your account and click on the option to see all your posts, there are links showing up indicating you are sharing your images from the Nikonites gallery rather than uploading them directly into your posts. For whatever reason sharing from the gallery no longer supports displaying EXIF. I think Marilynne mentioned it at some point, but you probably didn't understand what she meant.

    Try uploading directly to your posts. It can be a slow process if you are only able to use the basic uploader. Unfortunately that's all we've got to work with now that Adobe Flash isn't being supported. There simply aren't any other options.
    Cindy, that worked in terms of showing the EXIF (see image 19197 in 'Post your Birds' thread). I see what you mean about being slower although it is not too bad.
    The only thing that is a mystery is some people (very few from what I have seen) manage to always upload much larger images. I am thinking here of @wev and his wonderful bird shots. I am assuming we are all viewing the same things eg. his shots look larger on forum threads than everyone elses.
    Peter

    D500, D7100
    85mm 1.8G, 300mm F4 AF-S
    Canon 5D2, 17-40.
    Lee filters





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •