+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Pics View Post
    I accidentally went 2 years back in time when I changed my time earlier this year. OOPS
    Let me know how you did it, i could do to go about 20 years back


    › See More: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019
    Thanks/Like Dawg Pics Thanks/liked this post
     
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes












  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Let me know how you did it, i could do to go about 20 years back
    I could do with about 20 myself.
    Thanks/Like mikew Thanks/liked this post
     
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100

  3. #23
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    I went in on my D7200 and changed my file names like grandpaw mentioned. Today I used the camera for the first time since changing the file names and wondered why the file numbers were out of order. Then I realized the file names MUST be changed for EVERY mode on the body. For example...I switched between Aperture Priority and U1 (which is set for BBF). All the file names changed for the images shot with Aperture Priority but not for the files shot with U1.

    So if you shoot in Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Auto, U1, and/or U2 (did I miss any?) and want to change your file names, you will have to go into every single one of these modes and change the file names. Otherwise, the modes that weren't changed will still display as DSC.
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  4. #24
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    I went in on my D7200 and changed my file names like grandpaw mentioned. Today I used the camera for the first time since changing the file names and wondered why the file numbers were out of order. Then I realized the file names MUST be changed for EVERY mode on the body. For example...I switched between Aperture Priority and U1 (which is set for BBF). All the file names changed for the images shot with Aperture Priority but not for the files shot with U1.

    So if you shoot in Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Auto, U1, and/or U2 (did I miss any?) and want to change your file names, you will have to go into every single one of these modes and change the file names. Otherwise, the modes that weren't changed will still display as DSC.
    My 7100 doesn't do that, nor any of my 600s. Must be something 'new'.
    Thanks/Like grandpaw Thanks/liked this post
     
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.

  5. #25
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post
    My 7100 doesn't do that, nor any of my 600s. Must be something 'new'.
    It worked on my D610 so I'm surprised it won't work on your D600. Click on Menu then the Camera Icon. It's under that list of options as File Naming. And it shows DSC.
    Thanks/Like grandpaw Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  6. #26
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    It worked on my D610 so I'm surprised it won't work on your D600. Click on Menu then the Camera Icon. It's under that list of options as File Naming. And it shows DSC.
    It works just fine. But I don't have to change for every shooting mode. I changed each camera once, and it's done across the board.
    Thanks/Like grandpaw Thanks/liked this post
     
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.

  7. #27
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post
    It works just fine. But I don't have to change for every shooting mode. I changed each camera once, and it's done across the board.
    Do you have U1 and/or U2 set?
    Thanks/Like grandpaw Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  8. #28
    Senior Member
    grandpaw's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    I have a D500, D600 and D7000 and I only change each of them one time. Now the D7000 says 700 because you only have three digits that you can change. My D7000 went from DSC_1234 to 700_1234.
    Remember, before you post a picture, "You are known by what you show, not by what you throw".

    I decided many years ago I was going to have either
    a really good day or sometimes slip to just a good day. I refuse to have bad ones!!!

    Check out my website HERE

  9. #29
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019
    This is my folder of images. When my D7200 was in Aperture Priority, I changed the _DSC to _72D (7200 DX abbreviated). I wanted a letter to be the last assigned value.

    Below is the folder of images. All the ones shot as _72D were taken while I was in Aperture Priority. The others were taken when I used U1 (BBF in Aperture Priority). It's possible you don't need to change the file name for every shooting mode (such as Manual, Shutter Priority, Program, or Auto). That was an assumption on my part. But the file names clearly didn't get changed while I was shooting in U1...and most likely wouldn't be changed under U2 either unless I go in and change it. To make things simple, I went back to _DSC.

    You can see the actual numbers are out of order because of the way I have them displayed. All the ones showing _72D were shot Aperture Priority where I changed the file name.

    Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019-file-order.png
    Thanks/Like grandpaw Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  10. #30
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: Remember to change your EXF year date to 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    Do you have U1 and/or U2 set?
    They're what I use 99.999999% of the time.
    Thanks/Like grandpaw Thanks/liked this post
     
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •