+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Mark on image

    Mark on image
    Mark on image-untitled-1.jpg
    This might sound a bit odd, but can anyone see a blemish/discoloration in that circle I've put on this image? Moreover, does anyone know what might be causing it?


    › See More: Mark on image
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 G
    Nikkor 16-80mm f/2.8-4 E
    Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 G
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D
    Nikon D700 Speedlight
    Nikon D600 Speedlight



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Roy1961's Avatar

    Re: Mark on image

    probably dust on your sensor, i have a few on mine which need cleaned off.
    Learn to laugh at yourself, everyone else is.
    D500, D7000. SB700.

    Nikkor 18-105mm, 35mm, 70-300mm and Sigma 50-500.

    LowePro 202 Slingshot bag, Wimberley Gimbal head, Benro Carbon Fiber Tripod.

    Vanguard Alta 263 Tripod with SBH-250 ballhead, Vanguard AM 263 Monopod with SBH-100 ballhead.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: Mark on image

    Mark on image
    As Roy said most likely dust on your sensor,they do need cleaning now and then but if you havent already you need to look into some software that includes a cloning tool,dust will often show up for the first time on an important image and most of the time can be cloned out.

    Mark on image-untitled-1.jpg
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes










  4. #4
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Mark on image

    Mark on image
    The video below should give you a good idea of how to use a rocket blower as well as how to wet clean your sensor. They also make pen-type devices to spot clean the sensor. Always use a blower before putting any type of cleaning device (sensor swab or pen) on your sensor. And even if you've used a blower and followed with a wet cleaning, if a spot is still there, use a blower before attempting to wet clean a 2nd time. The video tells about doing that.

    Just so you know, images are upside down and flipped in the camera so when you look through the camera body opening, that spot will be on the lower right corner rather than on the upper left.

    A loupe comes in handy. I did my first cleaning without one, but a loupe works much better than a flashlight. This is the loupe I use although there are several that work just as well.

    The spot in your image looks like something is stuck to the sensor rather than just a piece of dust that can be blown off. In addition to the oil spot issue from my D600, I had this type of thing show up after changing lenses. It's like a dewy (sticky) substance, but it comes off with a wet cleaning.

    https://www.amazon.com/Carson-Camera...n+sensor+loupe

    Mark on image-71szac-i6ul._sl1500_.jpg

    Last edited by hark; 07-13-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Thanks/Like Marcel Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  5. #5
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: Mark on image

    I wish I could have given you the "Best answer" for this post, but it seems to have disappear from the options.

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    The video below should give you a good idea of how to use a rocket blower as well as how to wet clean your sensor. They also make pen-type devices to spot clean the sensor. Always use a blower before putting any type of cleaning device (sensor swab or pen) on your sensor. And even if you've used a blower and followed with a wet cleaning, if a spot is still there, use a blower before attempting to wet clean a 2nd time. The video tells about doing that.

    Just so you know, images are upside down and flipped in the camera so when you look through the camera body opening, that spot will be on the lower right corner rather than on the upper left.

    A loupe comes in handy. I did my first cleaning without one, but a loupe works much better than a flashlight. This is the loupe I use although there are several that work just as well.

    The spot in your image looks like something is stuck to the sensor rather than just a piece of dust that can be blown off. In addition to the oil spot issue from my D600, I had this type of thing show up after changing lenses. It's like a dewy (sticky) substance, but it comes off with a wet cleaning.

    https://www.amazon.com/Carson-Camera...n+sensor+loupe

    Mark on image-71szac-i6ul._sl1500_.jpg

    I'm beginning to see the LIGHT!
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  6. #6
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Mark on image

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    I wish I could have given you the "Best answer" for this post, but it seems to have disappear from the options.
    Thank you, Marcel, but to be fair, it was @BackdoorHippie who posted the video for me when I was dealing with my D600 oil spot problem. And I think it was @Horoscope Fish who posted that loupe. Just want to give credit where credit is due.

    The sensor cleaning video is amazing. I was petrified of the thought of cleaning my sensor myself until I watched it a couple of times. Then when I did it, it was fine.
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  7. #7
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: Mark on image

    I guess those of us who had the d600 wouldn't be scared of 1 lonely dust spot.
    I'm beginning to see the LIGHT!
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: Mark on image

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    I guess those of us who had the d600 wouldn't be scared of 1 lonely dust spot.
    "Had"? I still have 3 of them!
    Thanks/Like Marcel Thanks/liked this post
     
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •