You can easily resize your posted image.

Dawg Pics

Hey there,
In case people don't know about this feature, you can reduce the size of your image, so it won't take up the entire post area.
Click on the image in the post area (not the little thumbnail at the bottom), and you will get an outline around your image with squares on the corner to drag your image smaller.

As far as I can tell, it only works when you attach an image using the "insert image icon" in the toolbar rather than using the "attach files" link at the bottom of the post. EDIT: Works either way.
If the image is huge, you might need to scroll down and catch it from the bottom. I have an iPad, so this is what I have observed when using it.
C1440B96-DD05-4A6F-A4B9-AC3E702E05E5.png

Last edited:

wev

Contributor
Hey there,
In case people don't know about this feature, you can reduce the size of your image, so it won't take up the entire post area.
Click on the image in the post area (not the little thumbnail at the bottom), and you will get an outline around your image with squares on the corner to drag your image smaller.
As far as I can tell, it only works when you attach an image using the "insert image icon" in the toolbar rather than using the "attach files" link at the bottom of the post.
If the image is huge, you might need to scroll down and catch it from the bottom. I have an iPad, so this is what I have observed when using it.
View attachment 387906
Yep, that works -- didn't know. If you click the result it reopens full sized.

Dawg Pics

I am on my iPad, so I don't have the ability to resize images to specific dimensions. I cropped an iPhone image a couple times, and it looks like the image needs to be pretty small, so the forum won't enlarge it for you.

iPHone image resized to 748 x 780. 228 kB.
The forum did not enlarge it to fill the entire post, but it is still kind of large.
If you click on it, nothing happens. So, full size?

5146F22A-ABAC-479A-99A4-4B179DF20F89.jpeg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

I dunno, I think it is easier to size the image as you want it to display full size and then shrink it in the post to your liking.

428 x 427. 82.7 KB
If you click, it does nothing, so I guess it displayed full size.
65537DC0-43CB-4A93-8D48-5BDE5853298C.jpeg

Last edited:

Woodyg3

Contributor
Thanks for the info, that's pretty cool.

What I don't understand is why when I click on most pictures, mine or those that others have posted, they resize to fit my screen, but others do not.

Needa

Challenge Team
Thanks for the info, that's pretty cool.

What I don't understand is why when I click on most pictures, mine or those that others have posted, they resize to fit my screen, but others do not.
If you size the image to 1000 pixels or less (long side) and use insert image they will display at size. If the image is larger than 1000 it will enlarge when clicked on. Take wev's picture in post #2 it was uploaded as a 1500X1500 image but reduced to display smaller in forum.

D81_0086.jpg

Haven't checked out portrait.

Last edited:

blackstar

I see I can resize the image before posting, but when clicking my posted image, it again explodes to the browser size (I guess that is controlled by the forum's settings). Yet, how do I know the size of the image when resized before posting?

blackstar

If you size the image to 1000 pixels or less (long side) and use insert image they will display at size. If the image is larger than 1000 it will enlarge when clicked on. Take wev's picture in post #2 it was uploaded as a 1500X1500 image but reduced to display smaller in forum.
This is my weekly challenge entry with the original size: 975x596. It still shows the browser size (unless resized), i.e., larger than the original size shown in any image viewer. After posted, it's still enlarged to browser size when clicked.
2023-02-02_15-51-14xyz.jpg

Needa

Challenge Team
I see I can resize the image before posting, but when clicking my posted image, it again explodes to the browser size (I guess that is controlled by the forum's settings). Yet, how do I know the size of the image when resized before posting?
Mine is determine when exporting from the imaging software.
This is my weekly challenge entry with the original size: 975x596. It still shows the browser size (unless resized), i.e., larger than the original size shown in any image viewer. After posted, it's still enlarged to browser size when clicked.
View attachment 387961

On this image in your post I do not have the option to click on and enlarge. Different browsers and operating systems maybe.

Clovishound

On this image in your post I do not have the option to click on and enlarge. Different browsers and operating systems maybe.

I believe the option to click on and enlarge is only available when the size of the image is greater than 1000. If you pull up the EXIF data on posted pictures the ones that you can enlarge are all over 1000, the ones that you can't are under. If the picture of the sky with the wolf is the one being referred to, then it's size is 975. If you look at the picture I posted of the cat on the fence, it is 1200, and allows enlargement.