Tabletop Photography......Looking for Suggestions

John Dingman

Hey all,

I am new to DSLR Photography and I have been reading and studying and taking lots of pictures to try and improve my photography. I am joining a Camera Club tonight. There are pros and armatures alike in this club and tonight's meeting is tabletop photography. Any suggestions for tabletop photography before I go over there and look like a total newbie. (Which I don't think I will be able to hide) :) I was thinking about a woodworking hand plane as my subject.

Thanks!
John

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey all,

I am new to DSLR Photography and I have been reading and studying and taking lots of pictures to try and improve my photography. I am joining a Camera Club tonight. There are pros and armatures alike in this club and tonight's meeting is tabletop photography. Any suggestions for tabletop photography before I go over there and look like a total newbie. (Which I don't think I will be able to hide) :) I was thinking about a woodworking hand plane as my subject.

Thanks!
John

A hand-plane, few chisels and wood shavings could be very interesting indeed. Don't be afraid of looking like a newbie, you're going there to learn, not to be looked at.

Fred Kingston

3t17-3.jpg

John Dingman

The Camera Club was a lot of fun! There were some pretty knowledgeable people there willing to share their knowledge and there lighting set ups.

Racine Camera Club 026.jpg

Racine Camera Club 035.jpg

All critiques welcome

Thanks!
John

BackdoorArts

And that's the fun of it. Tools like Lightroom have the ability to click on a neutral spot in the photo and adjust to that. Click on the same spot in each and you're (usually) done. You'll get there - and then like the rest of us you'll have something else to learn.

John Dingman

And that's the fun of it. Tools like Lightroom have the ability to click on a neutral spot in the photo and adjust to that. Click on the same spot in each and you're (usually) done. You'll get there - and then like the rest of us you'll have something else to learn.
Lightroom is going to be the next thing I invest in. I have been saving my pennies :)