T mount lens on d5000

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard skipc43, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

BF Hammer

I owned a d7000 in the past so I don't have the hands-on for the lower models. With a d7000, there was 3 custom lens profiles you could save for non-AI lenses. My quick searches do not show if the d5000 is capable of that.

Without profiles, you should be still able to use fully-manual. That means turn off auto-focus on body, set mode to M. Adjust f-stop to f/8 since most mirror reflex lenses are fixed at f/8. Turn off auto-ISO. Your exposure control will be setting shutter speed manually. Take test photo, adjust speed. Use the histogram for fine-tuning the exposure.

If you do have custom lens profiles, read up in user manual how to set it. But once done auto-ISO can be turned on and you can then use Aperture-priority auto-exposure mode (A-mode) set at f/8. Still manually focusing.

BF Hammer

Now that I have an actual PC in my hands instead of a phone, I have the definitive answer.

D5000 does not have the Non-CPU lens profiles like the D7000 series does. As I outlined, just move the mode to Manual and turn off auto-ISO. The only quick exposure control will be shutter speed. Focus will be by how sharp it looks in viewfinder, no electronic confirmation available.

https://manualsdump.com/en/manuals/nikon-d5000/201944/213