Post your Meet and Greet here

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I was rather disappointed in the park this year. Trails closed and not near as many birds or gators. Not sure about next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blame Hurricane Irma for that. You guys could save me a trip and come to the Delray/Boynton area. We have Wako, Green Cay and Loxahatchee (part of the Everglades).

Stoshowicz

I'll consider it this time around , but I work during the week so I tend to bird on the weekend. But it would be nice to meet y'all.
Though I agree with Don , that there are better spots to pick. I don't know how things are in Loxahatchee , I was told that in the everglades things tend to be spread out , sporadic.
My suggestion , would be Fort Desoto in march ,, there is beach to hang out on , shorebirds, spring migrants , species y'all may not have already, The fort itself and piers. There's a few trails, not huge , plenty of parking , and its not far from a whole bunch of hotel choices and venues in ST petersburg and Tampa. I haven't organized such a venue , but I imagine it would be a top notch prospect. ... or similarly, St Augustine area,, which I havent been to in years.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I sbould be there, but like Don, a little disappointed in the trail closure, which is still closed, and from what I understand will be for a while. I was told the Irma didn't leave lot of the berm which makes rebuilding it difficult.

I'd be up for Green Caye, Wako, or Loxahatchee , of course, they're a pretty good drive from Melbourne or me, not that Circle B Bar is a lot closer.

Kevin H

Sorry Folks I won't be in Florida for the M&G I think it ran it's course anyway. I'm glad I met the folks I have due to the M&G's