HELP Play and Menu buttons not working

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Thank you so much. I haven't used my camera in months because nothing worked. I got out some pliers and pulled out the button next to the view finder and like magic my entire camera came back to life. I am so happy right now!!! Thanks again.

Welcome!

Glad we were able to help solve your problem.

Please feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard wisab87, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

I don't have a d7500, but I am certain someone will be along.

BetZHohe

My back screen will not work. I have tried everything mentioned here. I accidentally found that if I press down two buttons at the same time while turning on the camera the MENU lights up on the back screen. Once I let go of either button I am back to black back LCD screen and none of the MENU, Info, playback buttons will light up the back screen. People mention factory reboot and when I follow directions it won't flash on and off in top area so that suggests it's not factory rebooting.

Any other ideas? I am thinking it's a software issue. I cleaned every button and ran a toothpick around each one as well.