+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: Godox AD200

    Quote Originally Posted by Iansky View Post
    I have now got the AD200 with the XPro controller, the kit came with the dish for bare bulb with diffuser, gels and barn doors with honeycombe grid and bowens holder for flash stand.

    It is smaller than expected and really solid without being too heavy, it delivers superb lighting with fast recycle times and consistent exposure - my intention is to use it on a stand and with TTL.

    It will provide me a more powerful option when normal strobes with not suffice.

    I am very happy.
    The Godox X1T controller and R1 triggers did not pan out for me for several reasons. Shortly after I tried those, however, I had an opportunity to assist on a shoot with someone using an XPro Controller paired with an AD200 and some other Godox gear. I got some hands-on time with that combination and a few minutes was all it took. I sold off my Yongnuo flashes and triggers, as well as some other small kit, and ordered the same Godox AD200/XPro kit you did with the grids and barn door etc. Adding a V860 II rounds out my basic, two-light setup. The Yongnuo setup was good, but I'm loving my Godox gear so much more.


    › See More: Godox AD200
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Kit :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art,
    Godox Flashes & Triggers, Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●



  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Iansky's Avatar

    Re: Godox AD200

    Nice one Paul, it is a superb kit and I am also thinking about another Godox (not AD200) to add to the kit as a fill light.
    Iansky
    571Photography.blogspot.co.uk

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: Godox AD200

    Quote Originally Posted by Iansky View Post
    Nice one Paul, it is a superb kit and I am also thinking about another Godox (not AD200) to add to the kit as a fill light.
    The AD200 is what finally brought me over to the Godox system... That thing is awesome!!

    Another really big selling point for me are the lithium battery powered flashes Godox offers. With my Yongnuo two-flash setup I needed 14 AA batteries... FOURTEEN!! That's eight for the two flashes, four more for the two triggers and another two in the TX controller. Packing a set of spares brought that total to (a ridiculous) 28 batteries. The Godox lithium batteries charge surprisingly fast, even the huge one for the AD200, and they seem to last forever.

    Also, if you haven't seen the Godox S Bracket let me tell you... It's a must have in my opinion. Superior in *every* way, in my opinion, to the typical umbrella bracket/cold shoe.
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Kit :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art,
    Godox Flashes & Triggers, Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Iansky's Avatar

    Re: Godox AD200

    I agree Paul, the Godox "S" bracket is a must for use with the AD200 especially when using on a lighting stand, it has the facility to take an umbrella as well and offers a secure and stable fixing for the flash.
    Iansky
    571Photography.blogspot.co.uk

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    canuck257's Avatar

    Re: Godox AD200

    Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
    The Godox X1T controller and R1 triggers did not pan out for me for several reasons. Shortly after I tried those, however, I had an opportunity to assist on a shoot with someone using an XPro Controller paired with an AD200 and some other Godox gear. I got some hands-on time with that combination and a few minutes was all it took. I sold off my Yongnuo flashes and triggers, as well as some other small kit, and ordered the same Godox AD200/XPro kit you did with the grids and barn door etc. Adding a V860 II rounds out my basic, two-light setup. The Yongnuo setup was good, but I'm loving my Godox gear so much more.
    Paul, do you have a link to that Godox kit?
    Nikon D500 gripped
    Nikon D810 gripped
    AF-S Nikkor 300mm f4D-ED
    AF-S VR Nikkor 16-35mm f4G-ED
    AF-S VR Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 E-ED
    AF-S VR Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
    AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VRII
    Nikkor TC-1.4 III
    Kenko N-AF 1.4x Teleplus Pro 300


    Ivan










  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: Godox AD200

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck257 View Post
    Paul, do you have a link to that Godox kit?
    I do... There are actually several different kits:

    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=120MS9S4SLZRH
    Last edited by Horoscope Fish; 04-05-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Whoops... Link Now Corrected!
    Thanks/Like canuck257, Iansky Thanks/liked this post
     
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Kit :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art,
    Godox Flashes & Triggers, Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

  7. #27
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Godox AD200

    Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
    Also, if you haven't seen the Godox S Bracket let me tell you... It's a must have in my opinion. Superior in *every* way, in my opinion, to the typical umbrella bracket/cold shoe.
    Coincidentally that's the one I have although I haven't yet photographed anything to use it. It came highly recommended for my Nikon flash.
    Last edited by hark; 04-06-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci







Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •