+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83
  1. #31
    ^ broke something
    Admin
    jdeg's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    Is this still happening? I believe a backup was trying to run.


    › See More: Slow - slow - slow
    John

    Buy & sell gear for free in the Nikonites Market

    Get your Nikonites Lens Cloths HERE



  2. #32
    Senior Member
    FredKingston's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    No... It's been fine for a day or so now... Since I have you on the line... Why is there still advertising (banners et al) for the paid members? Even though I'm running adblockers, I suspect a lot of the performance issue can be traced to the ads... Does this site really generate enough advertising revenue to justify the performance hit it takes? Just curious...

  3. #33
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Marilynne's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    Quote Originally Posted by jdeg View Post
    Is this still happening? I believe a backup was trying to run.
    It's still slow for me. Worse when I get the long running script message.

  4. #34
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    Quote Originally Posted by FredKingston View Post
    No... It's been fine for a day or so now... Since I have you on the line... Why is there still advertising (banners et al) for the paid members? Even though I'm running adblockers, I suspect a lot of the performance issue can be traced to the ads... Does this site really generate enough advertising revenue to justify the performance hit it takes? Just curious...
    Hope John can help you, Fred. Advertising doesn't show up for me.
    Thanks/Like FredKingston Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  5. #35
    Senior Member
    FredKingston's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    I'm not sure what happened... I noticed the Contributor button was OFF on my account... I went and sent John a contribution and it turned back ON... Every page refresh takes 20 seconds extra so the AD on the right-hand side can refresh... It's running a script to refresh a new add every so often... looks like about every 40 seconds...

  6. #36
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Marilynne's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    Quote Originally Posted by FredKingston View Post
    I'm not sure what happened... I noticed the Contributor button was OFF on my account... I went and sent John a contribution and it turned back ON... Every page refresh takes 20 seconds extra so the AD on the right-hand side can refresh... It's running a script to refresh a new add every so often... looks like about every 40 seconds...
    I thought I was seeing things. Went to send you a reply that I didn't see the contributor box when I got the long running script message. After getting out and back in, the contributor box was there. Thanks for explaining that I'm not seeing things.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    nikonpup's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    Slow - slow - slow-dsc_0275-pano-edit.jpg

    this was a old brick warehouse last weekend. Roof collapsed and took out the power lines, repairs took 20 hours.
    Longest i have been without power or internet since moving here. Guess the old warehouse was not worth the cost to repair.
    Nites here is still not "normal". Some threads slow to load photos. Loading photos takes longer, seems like the site has to think about what it needs to do then do it.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pups_pleasure/


  8. #38
    Staff
    Challenge Team
    Super Mod
    RocketCowboy's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    Kind of "feels" like it could be cache related. It took significantly longer than usual to post the challenge get poll yesterday. Lots of "thinking" for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikonpup View Post
    Slow - slow - slow-dsc_0275-pano-edit.jpg

    this was a old brick warehouse last weekend. Roof collapsed and took out the power lines, repairs took 20 hours.
    Longest i have been without power or internet since moving here. Guess the old warehouse was not worth the cost to repair.
    Nites here is still not "normal". Some threads slow to load photos. Loading photos takes longer, seems like the site has to think about what it needs to do then do it.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    nikonpup's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    posted photos ok this morning using "my photos", very very slow when i went to view threads. Thread slow to open and photos even slower.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pups_pleasure/


  10. #40
    ^ broke something
    Admin
    jdeg's Avatar

    Re: Slow - slow - slow

    Some bots were hitting the server this morning causing things to slow down. I took care of that.

    While I was at it, I offloaded some more static content to another server, and removed the social media buttons at the top of each thread (which will prevent additional crap from loading).
    John

    Buy & sell gear for free in the Nikonites Market

    Get your Nikonites Lens Cloths HERE





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Similar Threads

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •