+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Texas's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    I'm putting my 850 order on hold for a while, thanks !


    › See More: Battery life D850
    D750, D90, D100, Nikon 1 J5
    (Once owned: EL, F2AS, D50, D200, D300s, and D7100)



  2. #22
    Senior Member

    Re: Battery life D850

    I do mostly timelapses, so i test batteries brutally.
    Yesterday I made 7 timelapses (2100 photos) and the battery had still some way to go
    Thanks/Like Ad B Thanks/liked this post
     

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Ad B's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    With the EN-EL15a battery?
    WOW... thatís a result.
    Okay, many pics in a fairly short period of time.
    But still... Iím jealous...

    Thank you.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Ad B's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    I'm putting my 850 order on hold for a while, thanks !
    Don't put your order on hold because of my battery problem.
    I think, I'm the only one with this problem.
    Nikon WILL solve this problem, in a good way or a bad way...
    I'll let this decision to them, I'll react in a sort of the same way...
    Last edited by Ad B; 03-28-2018 at 06:20 AM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Ad B's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    Hi,

    My D850 has been to Nikon for the second time.
    After a better and thorough search, Nikon found some kind of a problem and solved it completely.
    This is in part due to a good guidance of a manager Coordinator Costumer Support of Nikon and the energy my dealer (Foto de Vakman) and I has put into this case.
    Now I have the full confidence in my D850 again and will go enjoy making pictures.
    I am now convinced that the battery life of my D850 will meet my expectations and I can make enough pics with it.
    This problem is solved now for me, I'm going to enjoy making carefree pictures.
    My confidence in Nikon will quickly rise back to the top level as it should be, after this temporary setback.
    Thanks/Like Don Kuykendall, Blade Canyon Thanks/liked this post
     

  6. #26
    Staff
    Challenge Team
    Super Mod
    RocketCowboy's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad B View Post
    Hi,

    My D850 has been to Nikon for the second time.
    After a better and thorough search, Nikon found some kind of a problem and solved it completely.
    This is in part due to a good guidance of a manager Coordinator Costumer Support of Nikon and the energy my dealer (Foto de Vakman) and I has put into this case.
    Now I have the full confidence in my D850 again and will go enjoy making pictures.
    I am now convinced that the battery life of my D850 will meet my expectations and I can make enough pics with it.
    This problem is solved now for me, I'm going to enjoy making carefree pictures.
    My confidence in Nikon will quickly rise back to the top level as it should be, after this temporary setback.
    What was the cause of the battery problem and how did Nikon correct the issue?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Ad B's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    Hi,
    there was a good contact between a coordinator Costumer Support of Nikon, my dealer and me.
    There were a few things explained.
    The Coordinator Costumer Support of Nikon has asked me not to go into detail on the various forums, where I have started a topic about my problem.
    I started this topic, to investigate what results others had with their way of photograph with their D850.
    In 99% of cases is such a problem to use and settings, that was I had to exclude first.
    And of course to find out if there are more people with this problem.
    That last is not so, as far as I've come to know.
    Okay, 1 more Dutchman maybe has this problem. He is still in its research phase, I stay in touch with him.
    A guy from Scotland, who I met through another site, had its settings not set correctly (airplane mode), so is resolved.
    My case was a one only, it seems, but is now fixed.
    Out of respect for the demand of this coordinator of Nikon, I will leave it as it is nowÖ
    Thanks/Like RocketCowboy Thanks/liked this post
     

  8. #28
    THAT guy.
    Jonahex2099's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    I shoot my D850 quite regularly and have had days of 800+ shots with half or better on my battery. I just gripped with the EN-EL18 (clones, but solid clones) so we'll see how well that works.
    Tim
    Cameras
    D850 | D750 | D500 | D50 | J3
    Glass
    Nikon 8-15 Fisheye | 14-24 | 24-85 | 200-500 | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8 | 105 2.8 | 300 4 PF | N1 18.5 2.8 | N1 10-30 | N1 30-110
    Tamron 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8
    Sigma 18-35 1.8 ART | 50-100 1.8 ART
    Tokina 11-16 2.8
    Rokinon 85 1.4 MF | 8mm F3.5 Fisheye
    FLICKR!

  9. #29
    Staff
    Challenge Team
    Super Mod
    RocketCowboy's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahex2099 View Post
    I shoot my D850 quite regularly and have had days of 800+ shots with half or better on my battery. I just gripped with the EN-EL18 (clones, but solid clones) so we'll see how well that works.
    The grip with the EN-EL18 will go through a very long day. I love that setup.

  10. #30
    THAT guy.
    Jonahex2099's Avatar

    Re: Battery life D850

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketCowboy View Post
    The grip with the EN-EL18 will go through a very long day. I love that setup.
    Yeah. Iíve got some longer shoots coming up so this should suit well w/o needing to change up. It does get on the weighty side but I can use the workout anyway.





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •