+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Ruidoso Bill's Avatar

    D750 Flash Sync

    I have been using wireless transmitters to control various strobes, one of my main use flashes are nicefoto 680's, I have two of these, mostly one hand held is enough, 2nd on a light stand occaisionally, I also use Nikon SB910's, SB-800's, Yongnuo's . On my D800 & D810 shutter speed of 1/200 is fine, no banding or anything like that. The D750 however the max I can reach is 1/160 to prevent banding, am I missing something? I know from what I've read use a Nikon strobe in the hotshoe but that is not what I do or can do. Am I stuck with a max of 1/160 and change iso to accomplish what I need? I have set everything at the high *1/200 & *1/250 but I get some banding unless I drop it down to 1/160. Any recommendations appreciated.


    › See More: D750 Flash Sync
    Regards,
    Bill ​
    Follow the Golden Rule




  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruidoso Bill View Post
    I have been using wireless transmitters to control various strobes, one of my main use flashes are nicefoto 680's, I have two of these, mostly one hand held is enough, 2nd on a light stand occaisionally, I also use Nikon SB910's, SB-800's, Yongnuo's . On my D800 & D810 shutter speed of 1/200 is fine, no banding or anything like that. The D750 however the max I can reach is 1/160 to prevent banding, am I missing something? I know from what I've read use a Nikon strobe in the hotshoe but that is not what I do or can do. Am I stuck with a max of 1/160 and change iso to accomplish what I need? I have set everything at the high *1/200 & *1/250 but I get some banding unless I drop it down to 1/160. Any recommendations appreciated.
    That is curious... I've used the x200 shutter-speed setting with flash on my D750 for about as long as I've owned it without issue.
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Kit :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art,
    Godox Flashes & Triggers, Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    hark's Avatar

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    @WayneF do you have any idea what might be happening?
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  4. #4
    Senior Member
    WayneF's Avatar

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    Sorry, no, I don't know what is happening. But the D750 should be good to 1/250 second, so barring a defect, that really only leaves a delay in a slow radio trigger as a reasonable cause. Radio triggers do have that problem sometimes, caused by low AA batteries (in the hot shoe transmitter in this case - the lithium receiver would seem beyond suspicion). I'd start by first changing those AA batteries. Any flash problem, start with the batteries.

  5. #5
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Ruidoso Bill's Avatar

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
    That is curious... I've used the x200 shutter-speed setting with flash on my D750 for about as long as I've owned it without issue.
    Hotshoe or rf transmitter, if rf transmitter what make?
    Regards,
    Bill ​
    Follow the Golden Rule


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruidoso Bill View Post
    Hotshoe or rf transmitter, if rf transmitter what make?
    All my current flashes are Yongnuo, as are my wireless triggers. I did have an SB-700 up until a couple months ago and I did use a Godox wireless kit for a week or so, but other than that, I'm all Yongnuo all the time. And while it's rare, I do use a hot-shoe mounted flash on occasion. Regardless, I've never had banding using 1/200.

    Hoping it might help, here are the relevant menu settings from my D750 from the "Bracketing/Flash" menu:

    e1 Flash Sync Speed: 1/200
    e2 Flash Shutter Speed: 1/60
    e3 Flash Control for Built-in Flash: TTL

    Maybe one of those settings will help?
    Last edited by Horoscope Fish; 03-11-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Kit :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Sigma 135mm f/1.8 Art, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art,
    Godox Flashes & Triggers, Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

  7. #7
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Ruidoso Bill's Avatar

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
    All my current flashes are Yongnuo, as are my wireless triggers. I did have an SB-700 up until a couple months ago and I did use a Godox wireless kit for a week or so, but other than that, I'm all Yongnuo all the time. And while it's rare, I do use a hot-shoe mounted flash on occasion. Regardless, I've never had banding using 1/200.

    Hoping it might help, here are the relevant menu settings from my D750 from the "Bracketing/Flash" menu:

    e1 Flash Sync Speed: 1/200
    e2 Flash Shutter Speed: 1/60
    e3 Flash Control for Built-in Flash: TTL

    Maybe one of those settings will help?
    I also use Yongnuo wireless transmitter and receivers. In addition to the flashes above I have 3 yongnuo 560 III with the receivers built in. My Nicefoto's are my primary lights however using them together with other manufacturers created all sorts of 2,4 Ghz proprietary mismatches and ended up using created issues with the transmitters. I tried using a yongnuo transmitter on the hot shoe of the nicefoto transmitter but that seemed unreliable, miss fires etc. I ended up using the RF602's, got lots of extra receivers and especially the fragile sync cords (tape and shrink tubing) makes them lots more durable. I use the receivers on the nicefotos and the Nikon flashes but seldom us the Nikon flashes.

    Makes me almost wish someone would make some units that would go past the wireless proprietary boundaries but even pocket wizards have their issues.

    I did replace all the batteries and had some success at 1/200 so maybe that was causing some lag, just never had it on my other bodies. I use eneloops in the receivers and replace them lots its the little one in the transmitter that gets overlooked and usually replace it when it stops working.

    Any suggestions on ways to improve my setup appreciated!
    Last edited by Ruidoso Bill; 03-11-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Regards,
    Bill ​
    Follow the Golden Rule


  8. #8
    Junior Member

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    I also have the YN 560III for a canon hotshoe and a YN 685N for my 750. Because I wanted to use the 560's with the 750 as well I picked up the 622 triggers which support HSS. I have tested this setup up to 1/8000 without any banding. I have had a few issues with the setup not firing. I am not sure why the trigger fails to fire sometimes but I did find that if I test fire using the trigger the next shutter release will fire 100% of the time.

  9. #9
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Ruidoso Bill's Avatar

    Re: D750 Flash Sync

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcadory View Post
    I also have the YN 560III for a canon hotshoe and a YN 685N for my 750. Because I wanted to use the 560's with the 750 as well I picked up the 622 triggers which support HSS. I have tested this setup up to 1/8000 without any banding. I have had a few issues with the setup not firing. I am not sure why the trigger fails to fire sometimes but I did find that if I test fire using the trigger the next shutter release will fire 100% of the time.
    Very good to know, thanks!
    Regards,
    Bill ​
    Follow the Golden Rule






Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •