+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
  1. #11
    RIP :(
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragion View Post
    That's what so confusing...I do find the D7000 to be a great camera.
    It feels more comfortable & stable in hand, but the size and weight makes it less convenient compared to the Sony...plus the images from both are very similar.
    The Sony A6000 is actually compared to the D7100 image quality.

    Decisions...decisions?
    Don't think it touches the D7100
    Nikon D7100 vs Sony A6000 - Our Analysis

    The D7000 ranks higher also

    Nikon D7000 vs Sony A6000 - Our Analysis

    But if you like the Sony then you make the decision


    › See More: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    AC016's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    Quote Originally Posted by stmv View Post
    I guess you don't shoot too much in manual modes,, I would sorely miss the controls of the two front and back control dials, one for aperture, and the other
    for speed, and Nikon keeps that feature right up thru the pro line. So, while I understand the reduced size,, but loosing the controls,, along with the
    decrease sensor size,, reducing the shallow depth of field,, mmmm I would have said upgrade to D600,, but,, if you LOVE the Sony, and simplicity
    of the auto modes,, then makes sense to sell the D7000,,

    you can still get between 500 to 600 dollars for the awesome D7000..

    that said, thanks for the vote on the Sony,, I'll keep and eye out for when they go fire sell (when Sony upgrades),, or black Friday etc,,
    with a lens adapter,, would make a good when you can't carry easily the SLR,,
    Where does he lose manual control? The A6000 has two dials on the top deck, as well as a rear dial. It also has P, A, S and yes, an M mode. In M mode, the right top dial will control Aperture and the rear dial will control Shutter speed.
    Decreased sensor size? Not so. It has an APS-C sensor. Therefore, i don't think DOF is affected.

    It also handles noise better at higher ISO: Sony a6000 Review: Digital Photography Review (Look at the first set of tests).

    If the D7K is collecting dust, i would strongly consider dumping it and getting a second A6000 body or investing in more glass.
    Thanks/Like stmv, dragion Thanks/liked this post
     
    Who dares, wins.

    Cameras: Fuji X-Pro, Fuji X10, Olympus TG3 and Nikon D2X.




  3. #13
    Senior Member
    AC016's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kuykendall View Post
    Don't think it touches the D7100
    Nikon D7100 vs Sony A6000 - Our Analysis

    The D7000 ranks higher also

    Nikon D7000 vs Sony A6000 - Our Analysis

    But if you like the Sony then you make the decision
    Snapsort is all well and good, but it is an overall score. What i mean by this is, they will give kudos to the D7000 just because it is "weather sealed". Last time i looked, "weather sealing" has no bearing on the IQ of a photo. Further, they give kudos to the D7K just because it has a built in focus motor. Well, sorry to tell you Snapsort, but Sony does not need a built in focus motor because all of the lenses that go with the A6000 have their own motor. In sum, their score is useless.
    Thanks/Like dragion Thanks/liked this post
     
    Who dares, wins.

    Cameras: Fuji X-Pro, Fuji X10, Olympus TG3 and Nikon D2X.




  4. #14
    Senior Member
    hrstrat57's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragion View Post


    I have been shooting with my Sony A6000 and it seems that the D7000 is just being left out of the picture now.

    Each and every time I will find myself reaching for the A6000 due to its better AF and size/weight.
    Even with the SELP18105G f/4 attached, it is much lighter than the D7000 with the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 as my go to all around lens.

    If I require a fast prime, my A6000 has either SEL35F18 or SEL50F18 to cover those ranges.
    On the Sony's wide end I have the SELP1650 or the SEL20F28 with UWA converter @ 15mm.
    Tele I have SEL55210 zoom.

    The advantages of the D7000 is on the wide end with the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 & tele AF-S 70-300mm.

    As far as macro goes, the A6000 has the SEL30M3.5...not much reach, but sharp for stationary object.
    I have the AF-S 40mm f/2.8 micro & Sigma 90mm f/2.8 macro for the D7000.

    The plus about the Sony A6000 is that I have the Fotodiox Pro Nik (G) - NEX D-Click lens adapter, so I can use the Nikon lenses in MF mode.

    The value of the D7000 is also a concern, since it is aging and decreasing.

    So what should I do?
    Should I sell the D7000?

    Any feedback/advice/suggestions will be very helpful!
    Reading this thread a bit more (interesting cause it the opposite of what I am doing ) I note you have near complete focal range coverage in 2 completely different systems. My thoughts would be you need to choose. You are pretty locked in to APS C tho with your E mount kit, I don't see any full frame lenses so the A7 family appear to be out for you at present.

    A metabones adapter would allow you full use of your Nikkor AF glass I believe, their is a lot of discussion about that on the 2 forums I mentioned. I am not clear how or if the VR function works with the metabones, I suspect it does. But you have 2 really nice sets of kit there....do you need 2 complete sets of kit? Adding the Metabones would only prolong the decision on choosing one or the other.

    I might be interested in the FX 70-300 amd 85 f1.4 if you were looking to trade for any of my Sony gear....but in reality you got it pretty covered in both systems. Perhaps if I had your arsenal of E mount glass I might have given the Nex 6 a longer run.

    Very interesting thread. You clearly have GAS as bad as I have had it in the past. I plan to cull down to 2 cameras and 6/7 lenses. I will keep the 2 DX kit lenses for D300 walk around (they are amazingly good for giveaway money) add the D700 a battery pack and 2 more FX lenses and a flashgun or 2 and be done with it.

    I understand how it feels....
    Last edited by hrstrat57; 07-12-2014 at 02:37 AM.
    Thanks/Like dragion Thanks/liked this post
     
    ​Nikon D700/Nikon D300//MB-D10 Nikkor 28 2.8 Ai, 50 AF 1.4 D, 35-70 AF 2.8 D, 60 AF 2.8 D, 80-200 AF ED 2.8 D, 70-300 AF-S VR, 55-200DX VR, 18-55DX VR, SB-28 SB-600 - Fast D glass = Yes!


  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Challenge Team
    Eyelight's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    Just can't trust all that internet stuff. Box it all up, both cameras and all the gear, send it to me and I will have you an answer in, oh, let's see, I'd say 6 months should work.

    Truthfully, I have zero experience in parting with photography gear, so I suppose my thought would be keep it all.
    __________________________________________________ ______

    .

  6. #16
    RIP :(
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    Quote Originally Posted by AC016 View Post
    Snapsort is all well and good, but it is an overall score. What i mean by this is, they will give kudos to the D7000 just because it is "weather sealed". Last time i looked, "weather sealing" has no bearing on the IQ of a photo. Further, they give kudos to the D7K just because it has a built in focus motor. Well, sorry to tell you Snapsort, but Sony does not need a built in focus motor because all of the lenses that go with the A6000 have their own motor. In sum, their score is useless.
    The I




    Q is still slightly higher in the D7100

    Good image quality
    D7100: 83.0
    A6000: 82.0

    Not much but higher
    Good color depth
    D7100: 24.2 bits
    A6000: 24.1 bits
    Good dynamic range
    D7100: 13.7 EV
    A6000: 13.1 EV

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    pedroj's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragion View Post


    I have been shooting with my Sony A6000 and it seems that the D7000 is just being left out of the picture now.

    Each and every time I will find myself reaching for the A6000 due to its better AF and size/weight.
    Even with the SELP18105G f/4 attached, it is much lighter than the D7000 with the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 as my go to all around lens.

    If I require a fast prime, my A6000 has either SEL35F18 or SEL50F18 to cover those ranges.
    On the Sony's wide end I have the SELP1650 or the SEL20F28 with UWA converter @ 15mm.
    Tele I have SEL55210 zoom.

    The advantages of the D7000 is on the wide end with the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 & tele AF-S 70-300mm.

    As far as macro goes, the A6000 has the SEL30M3.5...not much reach, but sharp for stationary object.
    I have the AF-S 40mm f/2.8 micro & Sigma 90mm f/2.8 macro for the D7000.

    The plus about the Sony A6000 is that I have the Fotodiox Pro Nik (G) - NEX D-Click lens adapter, so I can use the Nikon lenses in MF mode.

    The value of the D7000 is also a concern, since it is aging and decreasing.

    So what should I do?
    Should I sell the D7000?

    Any feedback/advice/suggestions will be very helpful!
    Three similar threads and still haven't sorted it....MMMMMMMM

    Maybe some professional help is needed.......
    Thanks/Like Eyelight, Krs_2007 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Alan

    D300--16-35mm F4--28-70mm F2.8--80-200mm F2.8--50mm F1.8--300mm AF F4--50-500mm--SB600--

    {The watermark is part of my images....Helps stop people STEALING them.....}

    http://alanc.smugmug.com/

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    aroy's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    I say, sell D7000, and use the lenses with your Sony. Once you feel that you need to come back to Nikon, select a FF body and try it out, and then if it gels, sell Sony.
    Thanks/Like dragion Thanks/liked this post
     
    D300, D3300
    105F2.8 AIS, 70-300 G, 50F1.8 AF, 16-85G ED VR, 18-55DX VRII, AFS DX 35mm F1.8
    2 x SB-800

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Krs_2007's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    This type of pissing contest ruins forums. If you don't want the D7k, get rid of it. It's real simple and we shouldn't be brought into the decision regardless of what anyone says.

    this is a nikon forum so you will get responses that lean towards the nikon, hum, that's easy to figure out.

    if you like it keep it, if you don't then get rid of it.
    Thanks/Like M.J., fotojack, pedroj, RocketCowboy Thanks/liked this post
     
    Kevin

    www.kevinstillwellphotography.com

    "A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed." ó Ansel Adams

    Nikon D600 gripped
    Nikon FX lenses 24-85, 50mm f/1.8G,105 VR 2.8 Macro,70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II , 85mm f/1.8 G, 18-35 f/3.5-4.5 G ED
    Nikon TC-20E III
    SB-700, SB-910 AF Speedlight
    Manfrotto monopod 294 carbon fiber w/ProMaster BS-08 ball head
    Eye-Fi Pro X2, WU-1B, PocketWizard Plus III's
    Raynox 250

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    dragion's Avatar

    Re: Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

    I would like to thank all that have responded with their feedback regarding this thread...both positive & negative.
    I was looking for help with my decision hoping for a logical answer and some constructive criticism from my fellow Nikon members.

    What has happened here?
    Things sure has changed.
    I guess forums aren't the place for answers anymore...the decision to keep the Nikon is mine and mine alone.

    Let's put this thread to rest.

    Thank you.
    Sony A6000
    SEL1018 : SELP18105G : SELP1650 : SEL55210 : SEL50F18 : SEL35F18 : SEL30M35 : SEL20F28
    Sigma AF Macro 90mm f/2.8
    Fotodiox PRO NIK(G) - NEX D-Click Adapter
    VCL-ECU1 Ultra Wide Lens Converter
    ECM-XYST1M
    HVL-F20M
    LIM'S LE-HCA6000BK Half Case
    Neewer Vertical Battery Grip

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragion/





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •