+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    I wanting to try some extension tubes without spending a lot of money has anyone ever tried these tubes.



    https://www.amazon.ca/Fotodiox-Exten.../dp/B003Y5T464


    › See More: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    480sparky's Avatar

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    Unless you have lenses with physical rings: NO APERTURE CONTROL!!!!!!!!

    Your lenses will all be stopped down to their minimums. This will make focusing extremely extremely extremely difficult (even in bright sunlight), and you'll need to really slow down your shutter/jack up the ISO to compensate for shooting at f/22 or f/32.

    Oh, and no communication contacts either. So no auto-focus.



    Be afraid. Be very very afraid.





    Better yet, save your egg money and wait until you can buy some Kenkos.
    Don't mind me... I'm out roaming around somewhere between Zone III and VII.


    Go forth and actuate!


    My Website.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    What about this set I'm just wanting to start out with something cheap,I have the 18-55 that came with my camera how do you think that would work like.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mcoplus-N-A....c100854.m4779

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    Quote Originally Posted by wade7575 View Post
    What about this set I'm just wanting to start out with something cheap,I have the 18-55 that came with my camera how do you think that would work like.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mcoplus-N-A....c100854.m4779
    That set should work just fine, unlike the first one. The important thing that I see is the set of electrical contacts, that will allow communication between your camera and your lens.

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    How do you think the 18-55 lens will work for doing Marco.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    That set should work just fine, unlike the first one. The important thing that I see is the set of electrical contacts, that will allow communication between your camera and your lens.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.
    Quote Originally Posted by wade7575 View Post
    How do you think the 18-55 lens will work for doing Marco.
    I've managed to get some spectacular macro shots using my 18-55, and a set of extension tubes similar to that second set.

    Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-z-000103-.jpgHas anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-zsc_5648d.jpgHas anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-zsc_6228n.jpgHas anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-zsc_0913n.jpgHas anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-zsc_7933n.jpgHas anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-zsc_8582_stitchn.jpgHas anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-zsc_8202sqn.jpg

  7. #7
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    Quote Originally Posted by wade7575 View Post
    I wanting to try some extension tubes without spending a lot of money has anyone ever tried these tubes.



    https://www.amazon.ca/Fotodiox-Exten.../dp/B003Y5T464
    Get the Kenkos. Although a little bit more expensive, they have the contacts so you can use (not very practical for macro) auto-focus AND your aperture values will be taken into account by the camera and light meter.
    Light is responsible for 100% of Life.
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Get the Kenkos. Although a little bit more expensive, they have the contacts so you can use (not very practical for macro) auto-focus AND your aperture values will be taken into account by the camera and light meter.

    ^^^ Either the Kenko set that Marcel mentioned, or look at Vello. I believe the Vello is very similar to the Kenko set but is less expensive.

    Kenko: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._Tube_Set.html

    Vello: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._ext_tube.html
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci

    Nikon 14mm f/2.8D; 50mm f/1.8D; 85mm f/1.8G; 105mm f/2.8G micro VR; 180mm f/2.8D; 300mm f/4E PF; Nikon 16mm f/2.8 fisheye
    Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G; Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8; Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Don Kondra's Avatar

    Re: Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.

    Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.
    Haven't used it a lot but seems to work just fine

    Meike MK-N-AF-A Metal Auto Focus AF Macro Extension Tube Set for Nikon Camera | MeiKe Store

    With the 105.

    Has anyone ever tried these extension tubes.-fly-stack-four-web-size.jpg

    Cheers, Don





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •