+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure what the problem is but here's what I'm finding...

    Your .nef files will not open using Adobe Bridge, Adobe Camera Raw or Photoshop CC. They WILL open using IRFanview, a free image editing app I use a lot.

    This has me stumped. The photos look fine in IRFanview but nothing else I have on my work computer will open them. The only thing I can think of is that the file headers are corrupt... But in all honesty, this is getting over my head. I don't really know what the problem is.

    EDIT...
    The only thing I can think of to try would be using different memory cards. I'm grasping at straws here but maybe the cards are corrupting the files somehow. I really don't know and in all honesty that suggestion is nothing more than a shot in the dark...

    ...
    And make certain you format the card with the D500.


    › See More: D500 RAW Editing
    Thanks/Like Don Kuykendall Thanks/liked this post
     
    No Light = no Life.
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery



  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    I tried to open one file and it just wouldn't. I have the latest versions of PS CC and Nikon Capture DX and nothing to show.

    I wonder what could cause this.

    Can you use jpeg files? What does the exif from the jpegs say?

    Could the files be locked in camera???
    I can open the files using IRFanview which also lets me review the EXIF data... It appears normal. Nothing in the data that raises an eyebrow.
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Weaponolgy :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD,
    Nikon 85mm f/1.8G; Yongnuo 568EX, Nikon SB-700; Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

  3. #23
    Senior Member

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    I tried to open one file and it just wouldn't. I have the latest versions of PS CC and Nikon Capture DX and nothing to show.

    I wonder what could cause this.

    Can you use jpeg files? What does the exif from the jpegs say?

    Could the files be locked in camera???
    My JPEGS are fine. I use the XQD card for raw and the SD card for JPEG.

    Can they be locked with a setting in the camera?

  4. #24
    Senior Member

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    And make certain you format the card with the D500.
    I did format both cards in the D500.

  5. #25
    Senior Member

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure what the problem is but here's what I'm finding...

    Your .nef files will not open using Adobe Bridge, Adobe Camera Raw or Photoshop CC. They WILL open using IRFanview, a free image editing app I use a lot.

    This has me stumped. The photos look fine in IRFanview but nothing else I have on my work computer will open them. The only thing I can think of is that the file headers are corrupt... But in all honesty, this is getting over my head. I don't really know what the problem is.

    EDIT...
    The only thing I can think of to try would be using different memory cards. I'm grasping at straws here but maybe the cards are corrupting the files somehow. I really don't know and in all honesty that suggestion is nothing more than a shot in the dark...

    ...
    FYI I can view the NEFs in Capture NX D it just will not let me edit them.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Horoscope Fish's Avatar

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by 80Gritt View Post
    My JPEGS are fine. I use the XQD card for raw and the SD card for JPEG.

    Can they be locked with a setting in the camera?
    Would it be possible to shot raw to the SD card? I'd like to eliminate the XQD card from the equation, if possible.
    Thanks/Like 80Gritt Thanks/liked this post
    Best Answers 80Gritt voted best answer for this post
     
    ~ Paul
    ....
    ....
    Primary Weaponolgy :: D750 (OLPF Removed), MB-D10; Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2, Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD,
    Nikon 85mm f/1.8G; Yongnuo 568EX, Nikon SB-700; Manfrotto X055PROB, 3-Legged Thing Airhed II... All Stuffed into a Manfrotto Pro Backpack 50
    ....
    ....
    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

  7. #27
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by 80Gritt View Post
    My JPEGS are fine. I use the XQD card for raw and the SD card for JPEG.

    Can they be locked with a setting in the camera?
    I don't know but what if they could...

    Could you try to switch the card function just for fun... Maybe the nefs would work on the SD card which would give you a strong hint about the problem.
    Thanks/Like 80Gritt Thanks/liked this post
    Best Answers 80Gritt voted best answer for this post
     
    No Light = no Life.
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  8. #28
    Senior Member

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
    Would it be possible to shot raw to the SD card? I'd like to eliminate the XQD card from the equation, if possible.
    Good idea. I will try it.

  9. #29
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    Are your files copied to the computer before you open them or are you trying to open and edit them with Capture from the camera's-computer connection?
    No Light = no Life.
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  10. #30
    Staff
    Super Mod
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: D500 RAW Editing

    That is not the reason. The cameras are identical except for the warranty


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •