Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Belo's Avatar

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    D4s all the way with 24-120 f4 and SB400.

    Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2


    › See More: D4S vs D810 rental
    Thanks/Like Bill16 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Nikon D4S
    AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II,
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D, AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8D, AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED



  2. #12
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    If it was me, I'd take the lighter camera. I'd take a D610 with an old Tamron 28-200 and a 25 1.8, a monopod and if you want a 16-35 f4 VR II.
    Your original post was to the effect that this trip was your wife's graduation present. So let it be that a gift for her, not a photo opportunity for you. Of course it will be a photo op., but don't make the trip revolve around pictures. BE with your wife and take some pics, but don't forget to enjoy the trip instead of simply enjoy the photography bit.

    If you want to look at pictures taken with a D600 and this Tamron, just go to my gallery and click on my Vietnam gallery. All pics were taken with this little weightless Tamron.

    Enjoy Italy.
    Thanks/Like Bill16, Ntinaras Thanks/liked this post
     
    I'm beginning to see the LIGHT!
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  3. #13
    Senior Member

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    I totally am with you marcel. That's why I just want to take one camera and use mostly one lens. I normally use a d700 with a grip so the weight isn't a factor for me. It looks tight so that's why I was thinking the 14-24 2.8 so I have some zoom and also the large aperture.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks/Like Bill16 Thanks/liked this post
     


    My Flickr



  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Bill16's Avatar

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    Oooh your right buddy.When thinking about camera models, I forgot the main reason for the trip. I don't know a thing about rental costs, but I'd keep that in mind considering it's trip for her. Now I'm seeing that the one lens idea might be a very good one, keeping the trip about her instead of the time it takes to sort through gear and swap lenses. I'd still go with the D4s if the cost of renting one isn't an issue, but keep the amount of gear to a minumum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    If it was me, I'd take the lighter camera. I'd take a D610 with an old Tamron 28-200 and a 25 1.8, a monopod and if you want a 16-35 f4 VR II.
    Your original post was to the effect that this trip was your wife's graduation present. So let it be that a gift for her, not a photo opportunity for you. Of course it will be a photo op., but don't make the trip revolve around pictures. BE with your wife and take some pics, but don't forget to enjoy the trip instead of simply enjoy the photography bit.

    If you want to look at pictures taken with a D600 and this Tamron, just go to my gallery and click on my Vietnam gallery. All pics were taken with this little weightless Tamron.

    Enjoy Italy.
    ------------------------Tripods-------------------------------
    GITZO GT2541EX 6X carbon fiber tripod and ARCA SWISS Z1 DP ball head
    GITZO G2220 aluminium tripod and ARCA SWISS Z1 SP ball head
    ------------------------Backpacks----------------------------
    Tamrac Expedition 8X, Tamrac Expedition 8,Tamrac Expedition 5

  5. #15
    Happy to be Canadian
    Super Mod
    Marcel's Avatar

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill16 View Post
    Oooh your right buddy.When thinking about camera models, I forgot the main reason for the trip. I don't know a thing about rental costs, but I'd keep that in mind considering it's trip for her. Now I'm seeing that the one lens idea might be a very good one, keeping the trip about her instead of the time it takes to sort through gear and swap lenses. I'd still go with the D4s if the cost of renting one isn't an issue, but keep the amount of gear to a minumum.
    But the D4s is the heaviest of the bunch and it's also the least inconspicuous, so I think it would attract too much attention and could become a burden to carry along all day instead of a pleasurable thing. But hey, to each his own. I'm just expressing how I see it.
    Thanks/Like Bill16, Geoffc Thanks/liked this post
     
    I'm beginning to see the LIGHT!
    Please visit my Gallery and my Flickr Gallery

  6. #16
    Senior Member

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    I guess I'll have to wait and see how the reviews are on the 810, I know with the d4s I will get almost every shot in focus all the time. Hoping the some with the 810. Thanks for all the input! It's helping a lot!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Senior Member

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    Quote Originally Posted by In The Raw View Post
    The only reason I was thinking about the d810 is because I could use a wider lens all the time.
    I could put it in dx mode or even crop it later on.
    I own a d810 and although the 1.5 X crop mode is handy,i have found that with my Tamron 70-300 VC,the images lose a lot of quality compared to FX.i'm sure if the lens was a pro lens then the detail at 1.5 crop would be much better but still a lttle worse than FX.
    My 2 cents man.Good luck

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    skene's Avatar

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    Quote Originally Posted by murphc13 View Post
    I own a d810 and although the 1.5 X crop mode is handy,i have found that with my Tamron 70-300 VC,the images lose a lot of quality compared to FX.i'm sure if the lens was a pro lens then the detail at 1.5 crop would be much better but still a lttle worse than FX.
    My 2 cents man.Good luck
    Why would you be using crop mode on a lens made for a full frame body???? Unless of course you were looking for more reach, but you are still losing resolution from using the crop mode as you are reducing the number of pixels that fit on the sensor vs a crop body which takes the usable full pixels to cover that same area.
    I'm not a pro photographer. I just play one on TV.

    I think everyone should follow and do. Please do not assume we know what's in your camera bag, I left my magic mind reading hat at the repair shop because it does not work past my computer screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kuykendall View Post
    If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
    You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

  9. #19
    Senior Member

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    I would take the D4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 and a 35 sigma 1.4 art lens. But that is just me

  10. #20
    RIP :(
    Don Kuykendall's Avatar

    Re: D4S vs D810 rental

    Quote Originally Posted by Simons View Post
    I would take the D4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 and a 35 sigma 1.4 art lens. But that is just me
    This is a very old thread from 07-20-2014 so I would bet he has long since gotten back from his vacation.
    Best Answers Rick M voted best answer for this post
     

    ================================================== ============================
    D750***D7100***24-120 f/4 ***70-300***Tamron 150-600***Tokina 16-28 f2.8***50mm f/1.8***Photoshop/Lightroom CC



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •