+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Nathan Lanni's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    I think they will make a d400.


    › See More: This is a D300 :)
    Last edited by Nathan Lanni; 12-09-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    Thanks/Like Rick M Thanks/liked this post
     



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    dmc's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    The D300 the camera i should own,if you remember i had a secondhand one on loan but took it back and bought the D7000,this is not total regret the 7000 is the right camera for my bird shots as they are nearly always crops,the D300 though for macro,close up and landscapes when i can work with the full image sensor would i feel have been better than the D5100.
    There was just some thing magic about the way it felt and handled
    I followed you right up to the D5100, then you lost me, sorry, it's not even in the same ball-park. Maybe you meant something else.
    Nikon F | Leica M4 | Leica iiig | Sunny 16 (I know, crazy right?)

    “For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity.”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    mikew's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I followed you right up to the D5100, then you lost me, sorry, it's not even in the same ball-park. Maybe you meant something else.
    No i just got so much more pleasure from using the D300,not saying the 5100 isn't a great camera,it is but when i have the 7000 already the 300 would have made a nicer stable mate IMO not into changing gear so unless something goes wrong with the 5100 it will be kept.
    Thanks/Like Bill16 Thanks/liked this post
     
    Mike

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/

    Nikon D500, Sigma 100-400, Sigma 105 macro, Nikon 18-200

    Nikon 1 V2,FT-1,10-30mm 30-110mm Viltrox extension tubes










  4. #14
    Senior Member
    slowpoke's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    You just can't compare the D300 to any other camera.It's in a league of its' own.
    Joe
    If your looking back at the things you missed,you won't know what hit you.
    D810 Nikkor 85mm F1.8G Nikkor 135mm 2D DC Tokina SD 16-28 F2.8 (IF) FX AT-X PRO
    D7100
    Nikon 50mm f1.4
    Sigma 120-300mm f2.8
    Sigma 70-200mm f2.8
    Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
    Tamron 90mm f2.8

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Rick M's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a D400. I just don't think Nikon sees it as a money maker.
    Rick

    http://www.rmillsphotography.com/

    Olympus EM-1 Mark II, EM10 MarkII
    Olympus 12-100mm (24-200) f4 M. Zuiko Pro.... 40-150mm (80-300) 2.8 M. Zuiko Pro....Olympus 45mm 1.8.... Olympus 300mm (600) f4 Pro

    Nikonite
    Tee-shirt, lens cloth and business cards!
    Nikon hot-shoe cover

  6. #16
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    I hope Nikon will release a new DX Pro body. Just last night I received an email which quotes dpreview touting the D7100 as Best Enthusiast-Level DSLR. The D7100 is a great camera, but it was never marketed as a pro body so there is definitely a need for a pro DX camera.
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and
    My 2018 Thread
    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Bill16's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    I've never had the D300, but if it feels and works like the D90 then I totally understand! The enjoyment I gotten already from my D90 has exceeded all my expectations! It's not just the end result that make a camera great. But the enjoyment you get using it has a huge place for me, and I can imagine that the D300 is a real pleasure to use. I know my D90 is!
    I like my D5100, it's a great camera! But I love my d90, it's more fun to use! Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    No i just got so much more pleasure from using the D300,not saying the 5100 isn't a great camera,it is but when i have the 7000 already the 300 would have made a nicer stable mate IMO not into changing gear so unless something goes wrong with the 5100 it will be kept.
    ------------------------Tripods-------------------------------
    GITZO GT2541EX 6X carbon fiber tripod and ARCA SWISS Z1 DP ball head
    GITZO G2220 aluminium tripod and ARCA SWISS Z1 SP ball head
    ------------------------Backpacks----------------------------
    Tamrac Expedition 8X, Tamrac Expedition 8,Tamrac Expedition 5

  8. #18
    Senior Member

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    I rushed out and got the D300 when it first came out,, LOVED it,, thought I was done for while,, and the D700 came out, and
    yes,, had to have the full frame which at the time, was an amazing price, I got the D700 for only 300 dollars more than what
    I had paid for the D300 at the time!, and the D300 collected dust, and more dust, until I sold it to raise cash for the D800,,

    funny thing,, I have been posting up on 500 PX,, and sometimes I notice the camera was the D300,, and I go wow,, the D300
    produces wonderful image, It held up well to the D700 except for the LOW light,, The D700 is clearly superior.

    except for the 1.5X for bird photographers,, I would go with a Used D700 vs a used D300,,

    The D700 remains a classic, and will stay there for a long time.

    but,, confesses, my D700 collects dust now,, the D800 is just that good!..

    and when I want the backup or lightweight,, I go with the D7000.
    Thanks/Like Bill16, Just-Clayton Thanks/liked this post
     

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Bill16's Avatar

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    Oooh your turning me into a greeneyed monster of envy! Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by stmv View Post
    I rushed out and got the D300 when it first came out,, LOVED it,, thought I was done for while,, and the D700 came out, and
    yes,, had to have the full frame which at the time, was an amazing price, I got the D700 for only 300 dollars more than what
    I had paid for the D300 at the time!, and the D300 collected dust, and more dust, until I sold it to raise cash for the D800,,

    funny thing,, I have been posting up on 500 PX,, and sometimes I notice the camera was the D300,, and I go wow,, the D300
    produces wonderful image, It held up well to the D700 except for the LOW light,, The D700 is clearly superior.

    except for the 1.5X for bird photographers,, I would go with a Used D700 vs a used D300,,

    The D700 remains a classic, and will stay there for a long time.

    but,, confesses, my D700 collects dust now,, the D800 is just that good!..

    and when I want the backup or lightweight,, I go with the D7000.
    Thanks/Like Rancher, stmv Thanks/liked this post
     
    ------------------------Tripods-------------------------------
    GITZO GT2541EX 6X carbon fiber tripod and ARCA SWISS Z1 DP ball head
    GITZO G2220 aluminium tripod and ARCA SWISS Z1 SP ball head
    ------------------------Backpacks----------------------------
    Tamrac Expedition 8X, Tamrac Expedition 8,Tamrac Expedition 5

  10. #20
    Senior Member

    Re: This is a D300 :)

    I think this is a reminder for those who DON'T have a D300(s).
    Thanks/Like Rick M Thanks/liked this post
     





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •