+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    adot45's Avatar

    Microsoft Fhotoroom

    I did a search in this forum for this program but found nothing. By any chance does anyone use this program?
    Thank You, Dave


    › See More: Microsoft Fhotoroom
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D90
    D7100



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    Had never heard of it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    adot45's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Needa View Post
    Had never heard of it.
    I hadn't either Needa. I was looking in the MS store for photo editing programs and saw it, I use it but for NEF files you have to buy a package....and it only says something like "buy package"....doesn't say what the price is and I'm not clicking on any buy it now stuff without knowing the price.....I don't want any unpleasant surprises.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D90
    D7100

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    Quote Originally Posted by adot45 View Post
    I use it but for NEF files you have to buy a package....
    So that's the catch.

    Most carts allow you to back out after you have clicked the purchase button and see the price. Tried Nikon's software? Some here use it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    adot45's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Needa View Post
    So that's the catch.

    Most carts allow you to back out after you have clicked the purchase button and see the price. Tried Nikon's software? Some here use it.
    OK, I went back to the program and poked around and it turns out that there are 8 or 10 filters...like plugins (moody, duotone, HDR, etc.) for the program that range in price from free to $1.99 or you can get the complete set of them for $7.99.....a mere piffling. Seems like a deal to me just to have another editing program. I do have the Nikon software but really lack the patience to to stick with it long enough to really learn it. This little adventure started this morning when I was searching for the stitching program I used to use, Microsoft ICE , (Image composite editor)

    Thanks Needa
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D90
    D7100

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    Quote Originally Posted by adot45 View Post
    OK, I went back to the program and poked around and it turns out that there are 8 or 10 filters...like plugins (moody, duotone, HDR, etc.) for the program that range in price from free to $1.99 or you can get the complete set of them for $7.99.....a mere piffling. Seems like a deal to me just to have another editing program. I do have the Nikon software but really lack the patience to to stick with it long enough to really learn it. This little adventure started this morning when I was searching for the stitching program I used to use, Microsoft ICE , (Image composite editor)

    Thanks Needa
    Do you have the Nikon codec installed on your system? Or is one of those plug-ins specificity for NEF files?

    https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.c...oad/sw/97.html

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    adot45's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    I have view NX and the other Nikon program installed....when I drag a NEF photo into fhotoroom now, it opens whereas it wouldn't before.
    Should I install the RAW codec too..?

    edit: Oh I see what you mean. Yes, one of the filters or plugins was specifically for NEF files.
    Last edited by adot45; 07-12-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D90
    D7100

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Needa's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    If its working i would think no.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    adot45's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    Okey, dokey, thank you!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D90
    D7100

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar

    Re: Microsoft Fhotoroom

    Quote Originally Posted by adot45 View Post
    This little adventure started this morning when I was searching for the stitching program I used to use, Microsoft ICE , (Image composite editor)
    That doesn't appear to be on the Microsoft Store. It is still available at its official web site, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rese...posite-editor/. It hasn't been updated for many years, now.

    Some time ago, it stopped working correctly for me, started putting odd, regularly-spaced triangular artifacts in the finished images. Multiple attempts at deleting it and clean-reinstalling it failed to resolve the problem.

    A few months ago, my main hard drive crapped out. One hope I had was that with a clean install of Windows 10, followed by a clean install of ICE, that it would work properly again. No such luck. Anyone else have any experiences to report with recent attempts to use ICE, for good or ill? I suppose if very much comes of my query, it should be moved to a separate thread, but it seems that the answer is that it is just a dead product, broken by recent versions of Windows, and isn't going to be fixed. I very much hate to lose it, as it was a very powerful and useful program, matched by no other than I know of.





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •