Nikon D70 vs Canon's Rebel

snehs123

Do I have to deal with the same problems of everything getting outdated with digital cameras like we deal with the PC world? Already Nikon has announced a D70 (to match up w/Canon'd D-SLR Rebel). Probably will use the same cpu as the d100.

goz63

Just an FYI, Canon changed their lens mount back in the late 80's early 90's so all the old canon lenses won't work work with DSLR's. Nikon is still using the same lens mount they always have and they have no plans on changing. That Canon change upset a lot of Canon owners and many switched to Nikon after that. Nice to know that since glass is the most expensive part of your kit, you can keep those lenses forever. The body of the camera makes some difference but I would put my bucks on the lenses. I know people with D70's that take wonderful pics. You can do a lot with the D70 even though it is two generations behind and soon to be three. My brother-in-law has one, my dad has a D80 and I have a D90, side by side the pictures are all wonderful. Don't get hung on the camera body and concentrate on taking great photos...and you will.