D700 camera in Toronto

DaveKoontz

I recommend that you visit your local camera/Nikon dealer and touch & feel the camera, but order from B & H out of New York. Their pricing and delivery has been excellent, and locally I can't beat them even with shipping costs. B & H is like a candy store for me - check it out!

Eltari

if you go to a local store and not a big chain you are more likely to be giving a discount or some sort of deal, also if you become a regular then they may even give you lower prices on everything when you visit. I work in a small camera shop and there are quite a few customers we do this for.

Also i believe photographers, amatuer or professional, should help small buisnesses like these. If they all go bust, then the next generation of photographers will have to try and learn everything online. There is a lot of crap online

Dave Stilwell

My guess is buy from Henry's but online throught their eBay outlet. It appears that there are significant savings. Do not buy in the US -- in Canada, US product is considered grey market, and it will not be serviced by Nikon Canada.