Upgraded model

Zulumika

Here's what I got from NikonRumors:

• 39 AF points

• it will be 16 MP with 6400 ISO + HI2 position

• 24 fps 1920/1080 video

• it will have an optional (new) MB-D11 grip
I do not have any info on sensor size, exact model name or release date – this could be Nikon’s plan for the whole year (2010).

Source here. I don't know where this guy gets his info but it's very precise for a rumor...

Em11y

Here's what I got from NikonRumors:

• 39 AF points

• it will be 16 MP with 6400 ISO + HI2 position

• 24 fps 1920/1080 video

• it will have an optional (new) MB-D11 grip

I do not have any info on sensor size, exact model name or release date – this could be Nikon’s plan for the whole year (2010).

Source here. I don't know where this guy gets his info but it's very precise for a rumor...

only time will tell, rumours have to be taken with a pinch of NaCl

24FPS and 16MP would be cool

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The latest is that it will be called the D8000 and will have a sensor between 16 and 18mp

luvinrunnin

I will not be too happy if they do it soon because I JUST bought a D90 and I'm sure I won't be able to afford a new camera any time soon! OH well, those would be fantastic upgrades to be sure.

Zulumika

I will not be too happy if they do it soon because I JUST bought a D90 and I'm sure I won't be able to afford a new camera any time soon! OH well, those would be fantastic upgrades to be sure.

Bah, I wouldn't worry about it; I bought my D90 a few weeks ago. Had to - was desperate! Ether D90 or D100 or whatever amount of focus point or megapixels anyone has, you can still do decent pictures... ;) (I'm forced to agree though - I would not be too happy too if they did this upgrade soon...)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod

Bah, I wouldn't worry about it; I bought my D90 a few weeks ago. Had to - was desperate! Ether D90 or D100 or whatever amount of focus point or megapixels anyone has, you can still do decent pictures... ;) (I'm forced to agree though - I would not be too happy too if they did this upgrade soon...)

Nikon has a pretty predictable upgrade cycle that has been discussed all over the web. (For example, look here: http://bit.ly/6CLI9z.) If you needed/wanted the camera now, why wait for something new? Use what you have until it no longer allows you to make the images that you want - then you'll know it is time for a change. Of course, that isn't what Nikon and the other companies want you to do!

Joseph Bautsch

My opinion? I don't think you will see much in the way of big improvements regardless of what the rumor mills predict. Nikon designed the D90 as a bridge camera to grow the people at the amateur level into the professional cameras. I don't think they will upgrade the D90 to the level of competing with their professional cameras. They will always want a camera priced for the amateur market and thats the D90. If they added all the features being discussed they would have to price it out of that range. And I don't think they will do that. The only mistake Nikon made with the D90 was making it too good. Too many people are sticking with the D90 and not moving up. So my prediction is, look for some improvements but not big ones. Maybe a D90s.

Joohn

I totally agree with Joseph Bautsch. Whatever it is from Nikon. My next upgrade from D90 would be FX Format

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Joseph is absolutely right. That would be like GM making just high dollar cars and forgetting about the rest of us poor slobs. :) That's why there are more Chevys than Cadillacs on the road.