Speed improvements

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The site should be a little bit faster today due to some improvements in the back end. Post here if you can tell the difference or if you experience any issues.

Browncoat

Probably unrelated, but I've been getting this today when I click on gallery links:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_gallery.php on line 1967

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I just did a couple more tweaks to the back end that will allow page rendering to be a little bit faster.

Greywoulf

Something's not working correctly now...

I tried to "reply with quote" on the end of the General Photography "Noise-Humbug" thread, and it wouldn't work? First I got "Token expired(??), reload page". But after I did do this and resubmitted my "reply with quote," all that would happen is that the page 2 there started jumping around (seemingly in time with the blinking ads on that page), and my post was completely ignored? I tried to redo this post 4 or 5 times, but each time got the same invalid results, with the page 'jumping around'...

Perhaps no one else has hit this problem yet, "replying with quote " to add onto an ongoing thread?

Last edited:

fotojack

Something's not working correctly now...

I tried to "reply with quote" on the end of the General Photography "Noise-Humbug" thread, and it wouldn't work? First I got "Token expired(??), reload page". But after I did do this and resubmitted my "reply with quote," all that would happen is that the page 2 there started jumping around (seemingly in time with the blinking ads on that page), and my post was completely ignored? I tried to redo this post 4 or 5 times, but each time got the same invalid results, with the page 'jumping around'...

Perhaps no one else has hit this problem yet, "replying with quote " to add onto an ongoing thread?

Nope......nothing happened when I did it. Must be something on your computer, Greywolf.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I think this had something to do with some caching rules I put in place - if you're still not getting the latest version of a page, hit refresh or f5

Last edited:

Greywoulf

OKAy, good work (again!) jdeg... ">})

Please forget now my previous report of things not working, 'cause after I hit the F5 button everything cleared up and I discovered a different version of that thread with everything correctly in place.

-Also thanks for adding the "Delete" my own post option; it's already come in handy for me several times..! ">})

Browncoat

Been noticing a slow down lately (last few days). There's about a 5 second lapse from when you click on a forum title until the site actually loads the page.