change the setting- D200 camera

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Are you in focus on your subject when taking pictures?

Have you tried different lenses with the camera? If you get the same result the image sensor may be dirty and you'll need to purchase a cleaning kit.

fotojack

Depending on what and how you're shooting, perhaps a tripod would serve you well. Most blurred pictures are caused by camera shake (shakey hands) and, believe it or not, the way you actually press the button. A smooth pressure on the shutter release button is the way to do it. Those are my thoughts on the matter from years of experience.

bill

The pictures clicked by D200 are very blurred and fuzzy. How do I change the setting so that I can click good quality pictures?
You have probably moved the lever which controls Auto Focus, Continues, and Manual Settings. its caught me out a few times and is very easy to move while focusing.

DaveKoontz

I purchased two videos in attempt to learn more about my D200 and recommend them both. The first from Elite Video: "Nikon D200 Made Easy" and the second from Blue Crane Digital "Introducing the D200". Both are excellent reference videos, the latter being my personal favorite. I have upgraded my D200 (still have it) to a D700, but still reference the videos periodically. You might consider buying one or both of them. The D200 is an amazing camera once you master it. I'm still learning. Check eBay before paying retail $30. - $35 (when I bought them).

Curt

Once you get the hang of the D200 you will love it. It is a Pro series camera and you need to treat it that way. Its not really a point and shoot type of camera.
But I would say it is one of the best cameras (for the money) Nikon has ever made. So consider yourself lucky to have one. Maybe you have moved the focus level as others have said. If you have it on M manual you will have to manually focus it on the lens ring. You might want to check that (on the lefthand side) it will say C-S-M.
If you don't want to focus it manually use C or S. I find M is great for close up work (Macro) or when the light is such that it fools the AF (bright backgrounds, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:

nikonist

A few things you might wanna take into consideration. Shutter speed, focal distance and lighting.

If you are taking pictures where there's low light (i.e., inside a building), then try using fast lenses with big appertures (this lets more light get into your camera). Lenses with VR would be a good option. You may also wanna adjust your ISO setting. A higher ISO setting makes your image sensor more sensitive to light. (try ISO 400 or 800). Rule of thumb: Your shutter speed should not be less than your focal distance. (If your max focal distance is 200mm, then havin shutter speeds below 1/200 would likely give you a camera shake (or in your own words... blurr). You can use internal or external flash, or if you can't then use a tripod.

Try different techniques or combination. There is no exact magic configuration/setting. Experience would tell you best. Experiment on exposure bracketing. Take advantage of the "digital technology". You have the delete/trash option when the exposure is not right. It's not like the old days when experimenting is kinda expensive and time consuming.

I'm assuming tho, that you have already found out what's wrong because you haven't posted back after all those tips and suggestions that came from earlier posts by members.

*just puttin in my 2 cents*

Hope it helps.