Don't you just love the Yellow and Black

Alexvthooft

Hiya All,

I'm just as all of you a new member of this forum and have to admit am quite pleased with it :) Because don't we just all love the Black and Yellow (or Yellow and Black :) )
A little bit on me
I'm a literature and education student from Holland, although currently studying in Brighton, UK
Photography is more of a hobby to me but I am starting to get some small assignments, and am looking for more.
The bits that I did have been rather well received and I have been published in the form of billboards across Nijmegen (one of the 20 larger cities of The Netherlands) and a small gallery contribution in Brighton :) (although no longer up)
So enough with the slight boasting already, I can hear people thinking ;)

About my work.
Most of it is strobist (see strobist.com) related and a few of my heroes are Joe McNally, David Hobby, Brad Trent, and a few others. Lighting is my thing :) and although it took me quite a while to figure out what path I wanted to follow lighting it has become.
My work is usually based on inexperienced models. I like working with these people plus I can afford them (to don't ask to get paid, but get some nice pics in return (usually :) ))
I suck at nature photography and know that. Extreme sports photog is something of side passion deeply connected to my own snowboarding.

Equipment.
I own the following
Nikon:
D200 + MB200 grip
D70
F65
SB600
SB28dx
18-105mm f3.5-5.6
50mm f1.8
18-55 (can't come up with the specifics right now but not really a great lens - Kitlens)
70-300 (can't come up with the specifics right now but not really a great lens)

Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 HSMII
Tokina 20mm f3.8 macro

LumoPro LP160 flash (ordered)

Misc
Remote timer (wired)
Wireless shutter for D70 (the original Nikon one)
Manfrotte Tripod
Severel Lightstand K&M 199cm
Cactus v4 trigger and receivers
Shoot thru umbrellas
Reflectors
Batteries all over the place
Filters all over the place :)

Well I hope to be a lot here on this forum, and to learn and to help alike.

See you all soon.

Alex

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hey Alex! Welcome! I'm glad you like the site! You should upload some of your favorite shots to the gallery!