Good old film days......

Film had its place and probably still does. I am glad I started off with film. Shooting, developing and printing gave the old timers a knowledge base that you do not get in digital. I also made a ton of money from film (One hour labs) That being said I will never go back to film. I love digital.

piperbarb

Like Don, I agree that I am glad I learned photography using film. I learned a lot about exposure, composition, film speed, grain, and of course, patience: having to wait for film to be developed and printed. I hated having to push film. It wasn't the developing that bothered me, it was the visible grain.

What I do not miss is the waiting for results, cost of film, chemicals and paper, and allergic reactions to all those chemicals. I do think that coming from film, I have a more critical eye of my photos, and definitely do not fall into the "spray & pray" school of photography.

Eye-level

Banned
Haters! LOL

All of the world's famous photos were made on film or plate...put that in your e pipe and smoke it! LOL

With that being said have you all heard the news?

Fujifilm is stopping production of 35mm movie film....

Do you know what this means?

​If you are a film shooter you better stock up because the end is nearer than you think!

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Yeah and grandpa used pig intestines to make rubbers and balloons too...imagine that...LOL

If the world keeps going like it is the cave man days might return sooner than you'd wish whether you like it or not!

Of course if one owns a D800E and one of the trinity lenses then obviously just any old snapshot is better than anything made before...yeah right...

Last edited: