+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Moab Man's Avatar

    Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

    I do not have the experience that the others on this thread do (some I'm sure have forgot more than I know), but here is my two cents from having practiced these same shots.

    As said, the aperture needs to be upped f5.6 - 8.

    I am also suspicious of the 3D tracking. The saying, "jack of all trades, master of none." You have so many moving objects that I suspect the camera is trying to find the best compromise for everything the camera is looking at but not truly focusing anything.

    My best shots for this same shooting occurred with ISO 400, f5.6-8, shutter 1/1000+ (depending on light), and my focus on AF-C (but not 3D).

    Anyway, that's my two cents, but I am most suspicious of the 3D tracking trying to find a balance within all the commotion.


    › See More: weird blurry pictures with d3200
    Thanks/Like Don Kuykendall, piperbarb, Dave_W, WhiteLight Thanks/liked this post
     
    D5100, D7100, D600
    Lenses: Nikon DX 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 55-300mm, Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD & 200-500mm
    Prime: Nikon 35mm, 50mm, & 85mm AF-S f/1.8G
    Wide Angle: Tokina AT-X116 Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, Rokinon f/2.8 14mm (chipped)
    Macro: Nikon 40mm, Tamron 90mm
    ​Flash: Nissin MARK II Di622
    Stuff: Expodisc Neutral & Portrait
    ​Editing: Photoshop CS6, CC, Nik Tools, Portrait Pro 12
    Spyder4Pro
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/122672034@N04/
     
    • 0
    No change from last week
    Overall Rating from 0 users:

        • Rate this photo

      You cannot rate threads



    • #12
      Senior Member
      WayneF's Avatar

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      Quote Originally Posted by Moab Man View Post
      As said, the aperture needs to be upped f5.6 - 8.

      Extremely correct of course. The subject scene has (?) more than 100 feet of depth, and f/2.8 would be worst choice to capture the depth of the scene.

    • #13
      Senior Member
      Kodiak's Avatar

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      Hello everyone,

      So, clearly, two positions are facing one another.

      The point here is not to debate which position is right or wrong…! More important,
      is that different opinions will possibly take the member to the right solution.

      By definition, the only winner in a forum is the one that benefits the most from it!
      …and that should be the member! I do not wish to make a point and win it. I don't
      care being right or wrong! I am not even willing to fight. My only gratification is to
      see the OP come back and say: "Problem solved!"

      Wrong opinions, as mine maybe, are also part of the thinking, the elimination process
      that brings to a solution.This is a forum, not an arena or a ring!

      My logic is impeccable. My logic is based on assumptions that may be wrong. So, my
      logic may be impeccably wrong. The only advantage I have is experience… but like
      I said, I'm not even willing to fight.

      The only one that should profit is the member …right or wrong!

      Even negative space may contribute to the success of a great photograph!
      Thanks/Like Skytalker Thanks/liked this post
       
      •••

      Kodiak

      •••Groovy Shootings•••••••••Kodiak Mιdia
      Galleries and so much more at: kodiakmedia.at
      • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
      In photography, light is free… catching it is not!
      • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

    • #14
      Snow White
      Super Mod
      ohkphoto's Avatar

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
      Hello everyone,

      So, clearly, two positions are facing one another.

      The point here is not to debate which position is right or wrong…! More important,
      is that different opinions will possibly take the member to the right solution.

      By definition, the only winner in a forum is the one that benefits the most from it!
      …and that should be the member! I do not wish to make a point and win it. I don't
      care being right or wrong! I am not even willing to fight. My only gratification is to
      see the OP come back and say: "Problem solved!"

      Wrong opinions, as mine maybe, are also part of the thinking, the elimination process
      that brings to a solution.This is a forum, not an arena or a ring!

      My logic is impeccable. My logic is based on assumptions that may be wrong. So, my
      logic may be impeccably wrong. The only advantage I have is experience… but like
      I said, I'm not even willing to fight.

      The only one that should profit is the member …right or wrong!

      Even negative space may contribute to the success of a great photograph!

      Hello, Kodiak

      I was simply pointing out that all remarks/suggestions to close down the aperture WERE justified and were based on your remark here:

      Indeed, I observed that the shutter speed use was high enough and the aperture
      was wide but to conclude that this is the problem in an unjustified assumption.

      Read more: weird blurry pictures with d3200
      In other words, it IS a justified assumption.

      It's not a competition of who is right or wrong and the viewpoints are not mutually exclusive. Several, including you, have indicated that his focus problem is multi-faceted.

      In terms of your logic being "impeccable", I don't know if you're joking or not, nor am I questioning it. I do believe that anything based on a faulty assumption leads to a faulty conclusion, and hence, invalidates the argument, and the whole point of "logic" is to authenticate the validity of the "argument."
      Thanks/Like Just-Clayton Thanks/liked this post
       
      Helene of OHK Photography and here's what I do with my images: Vivacini


      There are always possibilities.
      --Spock

    • #15
      Senior Member

      Re: Pictures blurry and weird

      I'm with Kodiak on this one. I've taken many shots over the years at 2.8 with my 80-200, and I can assure you that, at the distances these shots were taken, something would be sharp if focus was acquired and there's nothing in these images sharp enough to prove focus was ever acquired. They look like images taken in AF-C without accurate focus.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    • #16
      Senior Member
      pedroj's Avatar

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      I shoot sports in aperture priority a couple of stops closed..."F4 lens at F5.6" in AF-C focus, spot, ISO 200 and shoot in bursts....
      Alan

      D300--16-35mm F4--28-70mm F2.8--80-200mm F2.8--50mm F1.8--300mm AF F4--50-500mm--SB600--

      {The watermark is part of my images....Helps stop people STEALING them.....}

      http://alanc.smugmug.com/

    • #17
      Illuminaughty Master
      Moderator
      Horoscope Fish's Avatar

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      If that isn't primarily a depth of field issue, I'll eat my boots. Is the camera set to release on focus-lock? I'd be curious to know... Because if it is then the shutter won't release until the AF has a lock on *something*.





      ....
      Last edited by Horoscope Fish; 07-22-2013 at 12:51 AM.
      “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
      It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
      ...
      ~ Antoine de Saint Exupιry
      ...


    • #18
      Junior Member

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
      If that isn't primarily a depth of field issue, I'll eat my boots. Is the camera set to release on focus-lock? I'd be curious to know... Because if it is then the shutter won't release until the AF has a lock on *something*. ....
      hey thanks for helping, dont think its on, how would i check on the d3200?

      ​thanks again

    • #19
      Illuminaughty Master
      Moderator
      Horoscope Fish's Avatar

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      Quote Originally Posted by a_jordan View Post
      hey thanks for helping, dont think its on, how would i check on the d3200?
      Scroll about three-quarters of the way down the page of this user guide to get a quick idea of what the Auto Focus settings are, what they do, and how to change them. Also see this article that explains how to use the Auto Exposure/Focus Lock (AE-L/AF-L) button.


      ...
      Last edited by Horoscope Fish; 07-23-2013 at 09:57 PM.
      “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
      It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
      ...
      ~ Antoine de Saint Exupιry
      ...


    • #20
      Light Jedi
      WhiteLight's Avatar

      Re: weird blurry pictures with d3200

      I think you can fix your issue by changing from 3D tracking like Moab said..
      AF-C, with Matrix metering & F/8 and upwards should help the trick...

      provided of course that the focus lock as noted by Horoscope Fish is in place

      3D tracking sounds all cool, but it won't really work all the time





    Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Nikonites uses: