Post your Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G photos!

NVSteve

Re: New Nikon 18-35g Thread

Thanks again for posting all of your findings so far, Rick. After too many hours spent researching, I think I'm going to order the 16-35. Mostly because of the 16mm and VR, because I'll most likely find myself shooting hand held in dim interior light. And, while Nikon "weather sealing" is dubious at best, I think I'd feel more comfortable using the 16-35 in the desert. I have a few charts at home that show 12, 14, 16, 18 & 24mm images superimposed on one another, but the biggest help was finding people who have posted samples of a location shot at 16 and 24. For my use, the wider the better, and 16 is still noticeably wider than 18. Although, if I have any straight lines involved, the distortion correction in Lighroom or PS will pretty much turn a 16mm into a corrected 18mm. It's also only about $200 more than the 18-35 now, so it'll end up costing me $600 when all is said and done (including the sale of my 24-85). If I didn't have these specific requirements, I think I'd be all over the 18-35.

Last edited:

pendennis

I bought the 18-35 today to compliment my 24-85 and 70-200 lenses. This takes the place of a Tokina 20-35. The church is abandoned, and in the southwest area of Detroit. Lots of burnt out houses and abandoned homes in the same area. Had to crop a bit, but no color correction of any kind. The entire neighborhood is run down and very stark.

Masterpiece%20of%20Divinity%20Church%20-%20SW%20Detroit_zpskazrayvj.jpg