Post your latest purchases.

crashton

Bought a pair of extension tubes for my Nikon 1 cameras. The giant camera store in China didn't do a great job of packaging. Happy to report all is well in spite of a crushed box.

Danno

Purchased this with a bit of help from @nikonpup. Photo is with a little help from my lovely wife Pat...

Road Trip-2105.jpg

Horoscope Fish

I have NOT yet pulled the trigger on this particular lens just yet but I'm giving it serious consideration as my day-to-day walkabout.

It's relatively light, relatively fast (aperture-wise), has VC, is at least moderately well weather-sealed, accepts the Tap-in Console and uses 77mm filters, of which I have many already. If it were to work out, I could see it replacing my 24-70mm f/2.8 which I'm entirely happy with but at the same time leaves me wanting.

Based on shots I've seen and downloaded the overall image quality is not astoundingly good but strikes me as impressive and entirely acceptable across all focal lengths. Some reviewers have gushed about the IQ more than I think it deserves but... Whatever. I have more specialized lenses for discriminating studio work and I'm thinking this Tamron is a pretty cool package overall; quirky focal-range and all.

If anyone here is shooting with one of these lenses I'd love to get some raw files to play with regardless of camera body; I've only been able to find hi-res .jpg's so far.

Tamron 35-150mm.jpg

Hmmm... . :confused:

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

Only because I *really* want to be able to use both slots. Was it was tough to swallow? You betcha. I don't know if I'm more PO'ed at Nikon for incorporating XQD or Sony for jacking the price.
XQD Card.jpg

crashton

Bought another Fuji XT-2 to replace the one I had stupidly sold a while ago. With the sale price Fuji now has on them I bought a brand new one for less than I sold my old used one for. :beguiled:

Horoscope Fish

Just ordered a Clutch CL-3 hand-strap made by Peak Design.

I'm a little unsure about this purchase but I'm willing to see if it works out because the Black Rapid wrist-strap I have now just isn't doing it for me anymore.
PD Clutch.jpg

wev

Contributor
After eight years, my AOC monitor started going south. Bought a BenQ 27" PhotoPro. I work in a very bright room facing windows, so the glare shield is a big help. Lovely image quality, but have to get used to the size.

Hopefully it will make my pictures look better

07-sw2700pt-left4502.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
anybody else come away with a boatload of stuff from Prime Day? photo-related or not..

That would be a no from me. Although I'm a Prime member, I didn't see anything that interested me. The light box you posted looks interesting. Let us know how you like it after you've had a chance to use it. :)