Post your Train shots!

Carroll

It dawned bright and sunny, so I again went out to seek elusive perfectly-lit southbound Train 157 and once again poorly-lit northbound Train 156 showed up. Sigh. I think NS hides 157 until I'm not around. ;) So anyway, here's another backlit shot of 156 snickering as she passes by:

No respect. lol

This would make a good Calender Image...

nikonpup

_6008061.jpg
_6008066.jpg
DSC_1238.jpg
how neat to have your own caboose.

Sandpatch

Caught a few photos of the new Blue Ridge Southern railroad at Asheville, NC today. This is a new operation, having recently bought a Norfolk Southern branchline. The light wasn't all that great, but I was pleased to have been there. Those vintage locomotives sounded great on the last shot, digging in on the grade.

2015-04-04 Asheville 1 - for upload.jpg

2015-04-04 Asheville 4 - for upload.jpg

2015-04-04 Murphy Jct NC - for upload.jpg

Sandpatch

The Brasso conversation about the li'l Rio Grande locomotive was funny! Thank you.

I haven't been able to get out to take pictures lately, finding only these three units the other day lined up "elephant style". All three of these locomotives are over 35 years old, rebuilt and repainted, and still grinding out the miles.

2015-03-21 Lugoff SC - for upload.jpg

SteveH

This Virgin East Coast train passed by while I was out with my camera during lunch break the other day. At first I thought paint had been thrown at it, but looking again I think the driver was squirting the screen...

dsc_9961-edit.jpg