How about posting your HDR images?

dh photography

That sux David. Are there any other free HDR programs that might work on your Mac?

Tell mw about it, Pete! Have at least a dozen shots to process, and I had to disconnect Lightroom from the misses laptop so I could install it on mine. Need to take it down from my PC at the office and put it back on the misses macbook just for HDR when I need it.

Didn't see any other free programs that worked worth even messing with. Hopefully Luminance gets fixed sometime in the next month or so. If not, I'll have to find a way to fund Photomatix anyway.

dh photography

Well; the more I stewed on this, the more I wanted to process something! I searched out something that had any kind of decent reviews in a freeware hdr processing software. One of the only ones I could find was HDRtist. It's pretty much a drag-n-drop developer that will automatically align images then process and image that you use a slide to adjust the level of 'HDR" that your image will be tone mapped with. Apparently there is the free version and an updated "Pro" version. I have not checked out the pro even to see how much that upgrade is.

Here's two I quickly ran through HDRtist in about 45 seconds before importing the final back into Lightroom for a final touch. Not bad IMO, but will still be looking for Luminance's fix or a Promatix upgrade. It is ok for running a few images until then, though.

hdrtist3-2-2.jpg

hdrtist4-2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Carroll

Stormy day image of post/beam constructed Barn. The skill of the carpenter(s) that built this years ago, sadly, is shown to all who drive the highway. I am sure when
it was built, there was hope that this building would add to the success of the farm, and more. Lack of upkeep and care lead to the demise of many wonderful buildings.
You can almost feel the memories that will remain until it returns to the earth. No one cares...now.

FORLORN

View attachment 131509

Last edited:

Rick M

Stormy day image of post/beam constructed Barn. The skill of the carpenter(s) that built this years ago, sadly, is shown to all who drive the highway. I am sure when
it was built, there was hope that this building would add to the success of the farm, and more. Lack of upkeep and care lead to the demise of many wonderful buildings.
You can almost feel the memories that will remain until it returns to the earth. No one cares...now.

FORLORN

View attachment 131509

Nicely done Carroll! I remember as a child a large Post/Beam Barn down the road from our house. It was gorgeous, field-stone foundation, wooden pegs securing the beams. It was torn down for a housing development, I was probably about 10 years old and was fascinated watching it's demolition. My friends and I watched sadly as our "hang out" was destroyed. After all the wood siding was removed (and sold) a massive chain was wrapped around a corner post and attached to a bulldozer. To our amazement and joy (add the operators anger) The barn stood and the tracks of the bulldozer dug a hole in the ground. He had to use a chainsaw at various points to weaken the structure. Sad to see these old barns going away.

Last edited: