Sunday Stroll..

robinchun

Lovely afternoon in Bristol so I thought I'd go out for a stroll,with my D3100 of course,..took a few pictures and I like this one,do you? rsz_dsc_0010.jpg
Tiltled 'Porch Shadow'

fotojack

Nice subject matter. The buildings look a little tilted to the right, and the whole shot could use a little more contrast to make it pop. Needs a little more vibrancy..........if you know what I mean. There's a large field of white in the buildings that need to be balanced out with the surroundings, and that takes away from the overall shot.
These are just my views.......others may differ. :)

robinchun

Jack..In Picassa I de-saturated and straighten and added colour tint to the sky,plus added highlights and shadows I wanted to keep the white of the building as it actually looks very pale..thanks for your comment.

Robin

fotojack

Jack..In Picassa I de-saturated and straighten and added colour tint to the sky,plus added highlights and shadows I wanted to keep the white of the building as it actually looks very pale..thanks for your comment.

Robin

Robin, don't get me wrong....I like the shot. It's actually pretty cool. Just giving you my observations. :)

robinchun

Jack..your cool, I only wanted to give you the info that i thought you might like..I appreciate your feedback..

Robin

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Hey Robin, I hope I dont over step here, but I have a suggestion, If you can take these shots again. Try under exposing by 1 full stop. One of the things I notice in both shots is the blown out clouds. If you are using a CPL and have been setting the exposure to 0 this could be what balances out the shot. The Golf course shot IMO is slightly over saturated as well.
Little blow outs here and there are one thing, large splotches are very noticeable

robinchun

OK Johnathan..I went back out to re-take the Porch Shadow pic..as it was late evening the light and shadows were different so I could'nt really get the same shot, however I took some more, and after playing a round with it came up with this..what do you think?

Robin6135106745_37e2e6c6f3_m.jpg