Post your Birds in Flight

Seaman

Re: Bird in Flight

yqapysas.jpg

9ymaqyqe.jpg

7a4ujy4u.jpg

Hi guys! I'm entirely a newbie here and would like your critics and opinions about photos taken. Just for the record, a own a dSLR camera for just about 10 days or so, didn't even go through all the settings there yet. Photos are taken with Nikon lens 55-300.

Lawrence

Nice shots Seaman
Welcome to Nikonites. Have you introduced yourself in the "new Members" thread?
We'd all like to welcome you.

egosbar

I think I phrased my question badly (wrong) I meant AF-Area mode

i shoot continuous focus , nine point zone , and shoot in bursts
here are a few with above focus ive posted them before but you might not of seen them , 1/2500 iso 160 aperture 5.6 using 55-300 with a d7100

open them up for a better image

Attachments

• MJE_1059 copy.jpg
    MJE_1059 copy.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 36
  • MJE_1056.jpg
    MJE_1056.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 36
  • MJE_1057.jpg
    MJE_1057.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 40

Lawrence

here are a few with above focus ive posted them before but you might not of seen them , 1/2500 iso 160 aperture 5.6 using 55-300 with a d7100

Thanks egos bar it was the 9 point zone I think I wanted to know. Using single point is really difficult for me.
And those ARE great photos with incredibly sharp focus. I am so tired of seagulls but looking at those I could very easily get excited again.
Thank you.

egosbar

single point zone for portraits focus on nearest eye or landscapes , just experiment with nine or more zones

he was very helpfull in showing his eye too me

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Not bad for flying rats ;-)

Jonathan

Are you sure those are buzzards?

It has been suggested to me, by the son of a US contact on Flickr, that they are Red Kites. I bow to his greater knowledge and have updated the descriptions on Flickr accordingly. It was one or the other when I looked them up in my book of birds. What do you think?

grandpaw

Very nice series of shots!!!

egosbar

thanks , best of my birds in flight so far but ive only had the d7100 for about a month and i never really shot birds in flight before , this was my first shots , didnt get any keepers as sharp for the next 20 odd shots , not sure of the ratio of keepers for birds in flight but i guess its small lol

Alan

First flock of Snow Geese that I have seen flying over. Another sign that spring is on it way. They follow the snow cover north.

DSCN9641.jpg

Vixen

The top shot is especially nice Don. You caught a perfect pose there :D OK...the forum tricked me there. I should have quoted coz the shot I am talking about seems to be some posts back, not the one immediately above :D

Last edited:

Took me a while to find the one you were talking about. And thanks. I really like that one too.

It is always better to quote so that everyone knows what you are talking about.

Krs_2007

Shooting a baseball game and this guy flew over, the coach looked at me and laughed. They know I get distracted sometimes. Not perfect but still try to practice when I can.

ks6_5488.jpg