Sigma 15mm f2.8 Fisheye - First Impressions

Thanks, Don. I've been passing this place for ages, and I've always wanted to shoot it but it's very close to the street and there are these power lines running right in front of it, so it took having a lens like this to do it justice. The brain does something with light and colors that can be very difficult to capture, and I believe the photographer has to decide just where to go with the processing to bring out what was seen when the camera was pointed at the subject. This stood out as very vivid in my mind at the time, and comes out a little flat out of camera, so given the brightness of the day I took a little liberty in popping the colors against the magnificant (almost) winter sky we had. I'm not a huge fan of blur vignetting, but given the centrality of the subject here I like how it draws the eye more than darkened vignetting alone. My other option was to crop in at the sides, and I likely would have had I not tried this first.

Well I must say the you nailed it. Great job

480sparky

Thanks, Don. I've been passing this place for ages, and I've always wanted to shoot it but it's very close to the street and there are these power lines running right in front of it, so it took having a lens like this to do it justice. The brain does something with light and colors that can be very difficult to capture, and I believe the photographer has to decide just where to go with the processing to bring out what was seen when the camera was pointed at the subject. This stood out as very vivid in my mind at the time, and comes out a little flat out of camera, so given the brightness of the day I took a little liberty in popping the colors against the magnificant (almost) winter sky we had. I'm not a huge fan of blur vignetting, but given the centrality of the subject here I like how it draws the eye more than darkened vignetting alone. My other option was to crop in at the sides, and I likely would have had I not tried this first.

You're absolutely right.

So when I see a scene, and want this as my final result:

IllusionPost.jpg~original

Yes, this is the scene I wanted to capture. When I saw it, I knew I wanted to create the illusion of no horizon, and the water blending into the sky.

Instead of using software, I should rent a couple dozen Cat D9s to relocate the hills in the background. I'll also need to create a lake large enough to reach the horizon.

IllusionOriginal.jpg

Shouldn't take more than, oh, say, 12 years and cost around $28 quadrillion. Of course, the state of Wyoming might want me to put everything back after I take the photo.

Rick M

As you know, we often don't capture what we see due to the limitations of the sensor. PP brings it to where it should have been and as you said, what you actually saw. Nice job!

Last edited:

rocketman122

some people cant accept some other peoples opinion. I never said I was great but I strive to be better. I think youve given up and said, yea, ill fix it PS.