Post your latest purchases.

Bill16

Well I bought myself a 4 way Macro Shot Focus Rail Slider! It's not a big name brand but from all I've heard from friends it should work great for me! :D

mikeh32217

I just bought a Nikon Nikkor 85 mm F/1.8 D AF Lens off ebay. This should be my last for a while, my next will be a either 55-200 or a 70-300 of which I favor the latter but that is a couple of months down the road.

Angelos Ballao

Recently bought a Nikon 85mm f/1.8g and the Nikon D7000 gripped. Really great so far :) I'm thinking about getting a wide-angle prime, but apparently, I'm waiting for Nikon to release a new fast prime (perhaps 2.0 or wider) for DX DSLRs.

mikeh32217

Recently bought a Nikon 85mm f/1.8g and the Nikon D7000 gripped. Really great so far :) I'm thinking about getting a wide-angle prime, but apparently, I'm waiting for Nikon to release a new fast prime (perhaps 2.0 or wider) for DX DSLRs.

Do you like the 85mm for portraits or do you use it for something else? I mainly bought it for family events birthdays, etc. and hoping between that and the 16-85 I just got a while back will cover all the bases. I was taking event pictures with my D5000 and the kit lens and the pictures just weren't coming out the way I wanted them. I just got the D7000 when I got my 16-85 so really not a fair comparison to my D5000 setup.

carguy

Nice. I think yhe 85mm will be my next lens

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

Whiskeyman

… but the right lens! That makes it an investment!

Hey Whiskeyman.

Now, you may go to bed once with it and then you will have to JUSTIFY the investment…

Get cracking, man… we are waiting!

Have a good time!

Congrats Whiskeyman, enjoy the new lens and post some pictures.

Yes... He gave me 24 Hours!!! Thats all you have whiskeyman!! :)
Right Kodiak!?

Pat in NH

…right on the ball, Pat!

Voodoo Spells if you don't deliver!

Please..... No Voodoo!!!!

Tree Hugger-1.jpg
Hibiscus & Butterfly-1.jpg

Last edited:

Kodiak

Please..... No Voodoo????

Who do you think we are…

Hey Pat, this guy/dog (is that Whiskeyman /dog) did not even prove these were
taken with his new lens! What do we do?

Of course I believe you, to do these shots with a 60mm, you would have got to be
much closer!

BTW, did you sleep with it?

GeeAirMo

Invisible Dust Quasar Sensor Loop.

$90 for a 5-LED circular light ring to help me see better when cleaning my sensor!

Must have! It even magnifies 7X!

Bill16

OK after reading a thread and trying to help someone, I found out my micro 105mm wasn't 1:1 . So I after a little Google searching I found what was needed was a PN-11 nikkor extension tube. I found some on eBay and was able to buy one on bid for $50.00 plus shipping! Now I'm eager to try it out as soon as it get here! :D

Last edited:

87mstng

I bought this. Lol

Not sure how to use it yet, or what settings to use on flash or camera. Just something else for me to learn.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376158249.787023.jpg

87mstng

I will Bill16.

Id like to "play" with it right now but I gotta get some sleep. If I can.

I used my buddies on his canon 60d and I thought it was a great lens. Did a lot of thinking and askin ?'s and decided to go with this and in a few months a nikon/tamron 24-70.

Bill16

I got my macro focus rails today and I'm really looking forward to trying it out! Woohoo! But sadly I'm stuck inside since it's rainy out today and my D3100 can't swim! Lol :D