Your Best D5100 Photos

turbodave

In this age of wrong is now right, and right is labelled as hate... Is it wrong for me to covet your Grand National? Living out here in the west with smaller populations I seldom see great cars of yesterday. And have not seen a GN in 10+ years.

​Label me a sinner, if sin still exist today, but I am coveting your GN.

Yes, sin still exists today, but coveting a car doesn't count. But be careful what you wish for! Going to have to "thin the heard" in the not too distant future, and I'll have to sell both of my GN's at some point

Yes I said both. That one in the picture is actually my wife's. I took mine out later that day to a different cruise-in.

SkvLTD

Couple more-

inside_the_pond_by_skv0ra-d61i3ui.jpg

And really liked how this came out. These avians are hard to catch with a 50mm lol

532327_475622532506916_693475720_n.jpg

532018_475622495840253_1737226156_n.jpg

Moab Man

Yes, sin still exists today, but coveting a car doesn't count. But be careful what you wish for! Going to have to "thin the heard" in the not too distant future, and I'll have to sell both of my GN's at some point

Yes I said both. That one in the picture is actually my wife's. I took mine out later that day to a different cruise-in.

Add HATE to my list of sins. I'm now hating you. Not only do you have a Grand National in your stable but there are two of them! Woops, add jealousy to the list as well. :sorrow:

Horoscope Fish

Shot some motorcycle racers over the weekend. This was taken with my D5100, 18-105mmm @100mm, f/8, 1/500. Did a slight crop in post, but other than that, this is pretty much straight out of the camera. Not sure I'm happy with the crop, now, however...

Attachments

• Green Hornet.jpg
    Green Hornet.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 153
Shot some motorcycle racers over the weekend. This was taken with my D5100, 18-105mmm @100mm, f/8, 1/500. Did a slight crop in post, but other than that, this is pretty much straight out of the camera. Not sure I'm happy with the crop, now, however...

It looks pretty good. It might be just a little to cropped. Maybe just a little more breathing room might be nice.

Rexer John

Me too, the framing looks sweeter and the kerb line adds to the shot.
Nice shutter speed by the way.

​PS I prefer the green on the second shot too, looks more like it should be on my screen (assuming it's proper Kawasaki green)

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

Re: Thank You, Everyone...

GAH! I've heard all the stories but I never thought they were TRUE. Never thought it could happen to me... But it's clear now, I... I've become an... an... Over-cropper!!!

HOW?! How did this happen??!!

/weeps inconsolably...

Funny, It is always a temptation to crop to the subject to get all the goodness BUT you almost always need to Frame you subject with a little negative space. You did leave nose room in both versions so you do get points for that.